iPhone XR Anyone going X/XS/Max to XR?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Oct 19, 2018.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I feel I made a similar
    Thread but now that you can preorder ... what’s the deal? Staying put or feeling the colors , longer battery, LCD and presumably lighter body ?

2. VineRider macrumors regular

Not me. X is perfect size and still very powerful with great screen.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

4. ray737 macrumors 6502

Hell no XS max is the best iPhone I’ve owned

5. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Nope, I'm sticking with my XS Max. To me XR is a downgrade.

6. internetrando, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018

internetrando macrumors 6502

internetrando

The XR is a downgrade for me.

I’m on the XS Max.

7. ericg301 macrumors 65816

XR is mainly for people who don’t frequent Apple message boards.

8. TWD98j macrumors regular

I'm keeping my X that I purchased during launch weekend last year. No reason for me to try and upgrade this year. I'll wait until next year for the X1.

On another note I did preorder a XR this morning for the GF. She is coming from the SE that she got over 2 years ago. It's been showing its age and been doing weird things, such as not always ringing during incoming calls and then initiating phone calls on its own. She is resistant to the idea of a bigger phone but I told her it is time for an upgrade, and since Apple did not refresh the SE....

9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

10. dominiongamma macrumors 68000

Paid a lot of money for my XS Max why would I leave my Max for an XR?

11. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I don’t blame ya but sometimes people
    Make weird moves in the Apple
    World

Some people downsized from 7+/8+ Or the regular 4.7 & X to an SE

Not the rarest thing in the world

12. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Absolutely not. I still have an iPhone 4S laying around if I want a 326PPI device. The more I think about the XR the more I realize that Apple is really less about innovation and their customers and more about profit - a sad change from when Jobs was around.

13. menist macrumors 6502

menist

I returned my 256GB Max last week and today, preorder the 128gb XR and series 4 44mm GPS watch for $20 cheaper, $1330 after tax.

I love the Max to death, but at the end of the day, I'm not a hardcore user like i used to be. Now it's just a phone and some light internet browsing. Xr is good enough for that and plus I get the watch.

14. infoghost macrumors member

infoghost

Yep, unfortunately the OLED screens give me massive headaches. Outside of that, I loved the XS series. Pre-ordered the XR this morning.

15. sddabrow macrumors 6502

Yes, planning on switching. Returned XS MAX last week due to eye strain. Waiting to see XR in person and a few hands on reviews.

16. Mackinjosh Suspended

My wife is. She hates that she bought a Max, but fortunately they're letting her return it for a full refund. Too big, the color shifting too noticeable, and all things considered it was stupidly overpriced for what she got. The XR isn't much better in the price department but we are able to get 128gb versions which is better than the jump in price from 64 to 256 on the Max. Much better battery life is a huge plus. So for a savings of over 400 dollars she's getting a phone in a color she adores (yellow), a longer lasting battery, and much cheaper.

After using her Max, I never considered getting one. To me it frankly isn't worth the price and I'd feel stupid paying more for an iPhone than I do a MBP Retina. The XR is the perfect middle ground. Performance, battery life, and a great camera.

17. bevsb2, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018

bevsb2 macrumors 68000

The XR looks like a great phone, but I'm sticking with my XS that I love. It's a better size for me and I like the OLED screen. Aside from the larger size though, I think I would be very happy with the XR.

18. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

The small bump in screen size might be nice and I have no concerns about the resolution but there's nothing I don't like about my X so I see no relevant reason to upgrade (downgrade?).

19. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

20. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I love my XS and am not interested in the XR, but I do like the cheerful colors of the XR. My XS is just the right size and has the dual camera lenses, which is important to me. I've still got my X from last year, too, right now using it with the other phone line. Eventually when everything is available I plan to shift things around so that I have both phone lines on the XS.

21. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

I'm going from X on IUP to Xr. Don't want a Xs, not sure on Xs Max as feel too big and even more expensive.

I feel the Xr will be fine as an iPhone. I'm on the IUP I'll change next year. Yes the Xs series is "better" at some things, not all though.

Lots are hung up by the it's a cheaper phone so not as good. Lots of my friend's are doing the same, or don't want an Xs because of size and/or cost.

Nobody's right, nobody's wrong on their choice of iPhone. I feel I'm not downgrading, maybe on some bits screen quality? Maybe don't know yet, but other things screen size, battery I'm not.

22. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

That is the worst logic I've ever heard of.

23. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

This.

24. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

The XR is heavier & wider than an XS & has less features- why would anyone that has an X, XS, Or XS max go there?