Anyone got iTunes Match to work on iOS7?

aleksoctop

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2011
And if you did get it to work, how?
I only have like 5 random artists on there. I've heard others with that issue, but others have also reported it working.

If yours works, what steps did you make when you restored/ set it up etc?

Thanks

MetallicArrow

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Europe
iTunes Match and iOS 7

Nope. It's stuck on 'Loading iTunes Match'. I do have 8000+ tracks, so I'll give it a while. Report back soon.

Rigby

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Worked fine here (about 7000 songs). Loaded a few minutes and then all songs were there. Some of the cover artwork is still missing though.

paradox11

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
I only have like 5 random artists on there. I've heard others with that issue, but others have also reported it working.

Thanks
I'm having the same issue as well, and I've done every step possible short of restoring my phone/iPad. I have a feeling it's a server issue.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
It works, but poorly. Half of my album art will be missing and some songs will refuse to download no matter how hard I try. A few songs are actually mismatched and there's no way that I can find to fix it.

hancox

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2011
It works, but poorly. Half of my album art will be missing and some songs will refuse to download no matter how hard I try. A few songs are actually mismatched and there's no way that I can find to fix it.
Same here

MetallicArrow

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Europe
iTunes Match and iOS 7

Thanks
Possible solution. In iTunes, Songs view, add the column iCloud Status. They should all read either Matched or Uploaded. If not, go to the Store menu, click on Update iTunes Match. Once it's finished, then your music should show up on your iOS device.

LJSurfa

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
Seems to be ok 8000+ song library. Have you tried 'updating ITM' on iTunes on a computer? This resolved a previous problem that I had.

alexeismertin

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2005
Bristol, UK
Nope

16K songs, missing artwork, missing songs and trying to download some songs crashes the music app. Much worse on the iPad 3 than the iPhone 5 for some reason.

SA16

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2009
Half way there???

On my IP5, I have iTunes Match turned on, and I am able to see all of my songs, however, none of them will play, they just have the download cloud on the side of them. I don't know what the solution is. I'm kinda stuck in the middle. Any ideas? Help?

Thanks!

mactmaster

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
At first my iPhone 5 goes past the Loading iTunes Match screen but then it shows only a blank screen. If I exit and reopen the Music app, it'll be stuck on the Loading iTUnes Match screen with no progress.

I started from a clean iOS 7 install without restoring any backup. :(

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
These problems strike me as likely due to server overload. This happens a lot on release days. I installed iOS 7 on my 4S on Tuesday and had no problems downloading my 1,800+ song library. Took a while, but it worked fine.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
I finally got it to work today. Has anyone had any issues when scrolling through their playlists? Mine acts weird and my list is scrolling by itself without me touching it. Strange.

trlightning

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
Tampa Bay
On my IP5, I have iTunes Match turned on, and I am able to see all of my songs, however, none of them will play, they just have the download cloud on the side of them. I don't know what the solution is. I'm kinda stuck in the middle. Any ideas? Help?

Thanks!
Just a thought, but do you have an active wifi connection? If not then the songs may not play/download if you have "Use Cellular Data" switched off under Settings>iTunes & App Store.