Anyone happy with their iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Etnies419, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

After seeing all of these posts with people complaining about all of the features the iPhone lacks, it seems as though there is no one that likes their iPhone. But the people who are happy with it don't come out and make a bunch of threads saying that they do. So I want to know, who here is happy with their iPhone? And if you are happy with yours, what are you happy about?

I personally love mine. I don't need MMS, since I don't even really text. Copy/Paste would be cool, but I wouldn't use it that often. I wouldn't use Bluetooth syncing at all, so that's not a big deal. I use my iPhone for music, internet, games, and of course calling people. I don't need all of the extra stuff that people are complaining about. For what I use it for, it is the best phone I've had, with so many features. I always have it with me, I don't think I've gone anywhere since getting it without having it with me.

(I'm guessing you have to have a certain number of posts before being able to post a poll, since I couldn't find an option for it)

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I am happy for what it is currently doing, but not very happy knowing what it could be doing.

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yes, if I wasn't, I'd pressure Apple, or I'd pick up another phone.

Can it do more? Yes. Do I lose sleep with a lack of some features on my iPhone? No.

5. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

I love my iPhone, more than any other phone I have ever used.

6. Eric. macrumors regular

All good here. I've never had any 3G issues* or any of the major glitches people complain about.

*Of course, it may be different if 3G was available here........

7. trunksu macrumors 6502

love the phone. best part is i've owned many many phones in the past, but never had a phone where the OS was always evolving.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

9. pavvento macrumors 6502

I've owned phones that do the things 'the Iphone should do' and none of them can compare to the iPhone.

What I find funny is that any other product people would return before the 30 days were up if it didn't do all of these 'vital' things, yet few people do it with the iPhone.

To me that just proves how awesome of a phone it is, even if it does give people a reason to whine.

10. oneals2focus macrumors regular

oneals2focus

I love my iPhone, yeah it lacks some features and had some major bugs before the 2.1 update but that's why I have two lines and two phones. ;) What I can't do on my iPhone I can do on my AT&T Tilt and vice versa. :D Plus what the iPhone can do, it does it better then most phones I have seen. :apple:

11. Linuss macrumors regular

Yup... when I don't have to spend so long doing pwnage =P

But other then that, yes, I am.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Very well said, and I agree completely.

13. blipper macrumors regular

No problem with the phone; the ATT service is as bad as I feared it would be. I'm keeping my Verizon account and phone so I can be sure I can make a call when I need to. Voice quality is much better on the iPhone than on the LG, though.

14. mark34 macrumors 6502a

Fantastic device!!! Very very few problems. Love it!

15. joshuaaaron macrumors member

ultra happy. and its been barely 24 hours. i have a new lifeline :|

16. Jeremy W macrumors regular

I'm happy with it. Does that mean I'm totally satisfied, and find it to be perfect? Not even close. I really hate the people on here who respond to complaints by telling the complainer to get a different phone. You're not helping anyone.

17. cambridge1807 macrumors member

I'm happy with mine, probably the best phone I've had ever. Although the camera is the same quality as a phone I had 3 years ago, it does so much more that it doesn't even matter. I know the phone can do more too, but for now, this is enough. I don't need it to edit any documents because it's not a notebook, just the ability to read it in itself is enough for me.

18. richg916 macrumors regular

Loved it before the update... LOVE it even more after the update!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

19. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with mine: it is, without doubt, the best phone I've ever had but it could be even better with a little effort from Apple. Some of the seemingly arbitrary missing features (no calendar invitations, crippled bluetooth, and over keen SDK restrictions) cause me minor annoyance and keep me looking for alternatives.
    I guess what I'm saying is it is the best phone on the Market but is not perfect and Apple will have to keep on their toes to avoid being overtaken

20. hexonxonx macrumors 601

21. bed macrumors member

I have been very extremely happy with my iPhone - it is by far letting me achieve all that I could with my old WM5/6/6.1 HTC phone with a HUGELY more satisfying user experience. I've been telling people the iPhone makes windows mobile feel like windows 3.1.

I develop WinCE/WM applications for a living - the end user experience difference between the two are not comparable IMO.

I think the biggest problem is that Apple have set the bar so high, everybody wants ALL functionality they've ever been able to do with a phone, with the awesome end user experience.

22. Pixellated macrumors 65816

I am loving my 3G, no dropped calls, great...

23. abat macrumors newbie

I'm very happy with mine. It saves me carrying multiple devices and it gives me useful mobile internet. Sure there are some features missing but I am happy with it.