Anyone happy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobsentell, Jun 16, 2009.

1. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I'm seeing a lot of people who are angry, disappointed, and downright hateful when it comes to AT&T. What I want to know is...is there anyone who is happy with the quality of service?

I didn't start with AT&T, but this is where I will stay. Their quality of service has never been a problem and the iPhone ordering process doesn't bother me because I don't have to have it the second it's released.

Are there others who feel the same as me? Are there others who think Apple picked the right provider?

2. The General macrumors 601

I like AT&T. If the iPhone is ever not on AT&T, I'll likely keep AT&T and get an iPod touch.

3. veterator macrumors member

veterator

I am euphoric beyond compare! Floating peacefully on a cloud of nirvana....

Oh, and I like the service I get from ATT.

4. thecellar macrumors regular

i like att,.... havent had any problems service satisfied.

5. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Meh, I've had every major carrier in the US and I can say from experience that they all suck equally. AT&T isn't any better or any worse in my opinion.

6. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I've had great service all over Colorado, TX, NC, SC, FL since I've been a subscriber.

7. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I have no problems with at&t been with them a long time and I'm not going anywhere.

8. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Despite having to pay about twice as much as I think I should for my voice plan, I've been satisfied. They rolled out 3G to where I live a few months after the 3G iPhone came out.

People who are happy generally don't come and make threads about it, hence the impression you might get from the forums.

9. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

Nope! I was assured that 3G service would be in my area by the end of 2008 when I purchased my iPhone 3G last summer. I have paid the higher 3G rate for a year with no benefit. We still have no 3G and it looks like it won't be happening soon. If my wife didn't need a new phone I would have never ordered a new 3G S. AT&T lied to me and it pisses me off.

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

There was a study a few years ago that revealed most cell phone users didn't like their provider. There is always a "grass is always greener on the other side" aspect to cellular service in the US. I've had AT&T and Verizon at one time or another and longed on occasion for the other. The business model in the US does NOT favor the customer. We get cheap/subsidized/often "free" phones, but are locked into contracts. Elsewhere you pay full price, but are able change plans on a whim. Customer service often gets better when you are able to walk away.

Most people are ranting against AT&T b/c they feel entitled to a 3Gs at a subsidized price when they have not met their contractual obligations from their 3G purchase.

11. courtney.bella macrumors member

courtney.bella

I love AT&T. If I have a problem, they're always happy to help and are really nice. If they every make a mistake, they always admit it, and they've let me early upgrade, and they've even helped me when I've screwed myself. So, I'm extremely happy.

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Lovin' me some AT&T. I've tried most of them and I couldn't get away from Verizon/Sprint fast enough. And the corporate discount helps. :D

13. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I've had Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile & At&t. I like At&t the most by far.

14. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I like at&t. Their coverage is the best in my area and its also a GSM network, which is great. Being able to swap SIM cards between phones is quite handy and really only T-Mobile can offer the same convenience here in the US.

15. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

i switched from verizon which was superior signal strength throughout the US and speed.
    although i love ATT cause i get 50% off :D

16. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm very very happy, great service(where I live), great phones, love the open network(I can switch my SIM card around at will) and their service reps have been quite helpful to me.(heck there is even one on Macrumors with whom I'm PMed about questions for the launch of the 3GS.

17. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I love AT&T, I get service everywhere in school and in my area. I just wish they would have had MMS up and running with the launch of 3.0 software.

18. rick98761 macrumors 6502

I have never been anything but happy with them, until this no MMS until summer stuff. If they would at least come out and tell us why it would be better, right now it just looks like they are lazy.

19. ITMoron macrumors newbie

Customer Service

AT&T was great here in Tampa from the day I got my first iPhone until about 3 months ago. Now I drop 3 calls a day (on 3g). I'm beginning to think their network here is at its max.

However, I must say their customer service is superb. Regardless of any qualms I have about the service or rate plans, their customer service is far superior than any other cell provider.

20. ttech10 macrumors 6502

I get GREAT coverage, never had a dropped call and the customer support I get is also pretty great. Never had a bad experience.

21. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

I don't have a problem with AT&T. I don't really care about MMS or tethering, so the whole "fiasco" doesn't bother me. I've only ever had AT&T, and I'm glad.

Verizon usually has 1 bar higher than I do around here, which sometimes means that they can connect and I can't. BUT, Verizon customers don't get rollover minutes, the iPhone, or phones that don't have retarded software put on them. :D

22. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

23. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I too have no problem with AT&T and am happy with the Apple exclusivity with them. The ONLY thing that pisses me off is the MMS and tethering not being ready yet.

That said, Sprint aside from data is HORRIBLE in my opinion, and Verizon is despicable in all aspects of customer service and the way they like to cripple features on their phones to milk every possible nickel out of its customers. I have first hand experience with their crap and so do a few family members. So when I hear people saying "I hope Verizon gets the iPhone" I just roll my eyes and sigh. They are the worst to deal with from everything I have heard and seen myself. I don't care if they say they have the best network, if the company itself is a pain in the rear and sucks in all other aspects, I don't want them.

24. IronLogik macrumors 6502

No real issues. My only complaint service wise is the lack of 3G just to the north where i work. Home has 3G but work doesn't. And sadly the pricing of text messaging is beyond ridiculous. Wishing they'd rethink the pricing.

Otherwise, no big issues. I'm not much of a call for customer service type person though. I prefer to leave the complaining to other people. Working retail I'd prefer to not ruin someone's day like other's try to do.

25. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

I love at&t. I was with them since Cingular in Fall of 2003. I really like at&t, I have never had any problems like everyone else has. Then again, I am a business account. :)