Resolved Anyone have a single artist not loading in "Purchased"?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Quad5Ny, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Quad5Ny, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Edit: See Post #4 & #6 for fix.

Does anyone have a artist that refuses to load in iTunes "Purchased" section?

For me it's Coldplay, I've tried everything including a DFU restore of iOS 6.

Sits like this forever:
    [​IMG]

2. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

TV shows count? The season of Peppa Pig I bought won't show up in purchased.

3. Quad5Ny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

If its the iTunes App, than yeah it counts.

Have anything still running iOS 5? Everything loads just fine on my iOS 5.x stuff (also loads normally on computer versions of iTunes).

4. Quad5Ny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

The problem was a video with a bad thumbnail (or metadata) that either Apple or the music company's broke by screwing around with albums. The original album was removed and replaced with a identical copy on Apple's content servers. In the process they broke one of the old tracks, a video.

The fix was to open OS X iTunes, go into "Purchased", make sure it is set on list view (Album view would throw up the Error*), and then hide that single video. If anyone has purchased Prospekt's March by Coldplay and can't get that artist to load in "Purchased", you now have a possible fix.
    *Error: "failureType5002 customerMessageAn unknown error has occurred"

Now to figure out why iTunes Plus tracks are showing as DRM'd if downloaded in iOS 6 (can't load them into GarageBand, iMovie or any of the ringtone apps). :rolleyes:

5. Jalopybox, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Yes. I have a band with 54 tracks. It hangs on that screen all the time. I have tried everything under the sun. Must be an IOS or iTunes app bug. Same thing happens when I choose All Songs.

I don't use a Mac, any ideas for a PC user?

Attached Files:

6. Quad5Ny, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

Quad5Ny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Your going to have to find which track('s) are screwed up and then hide them.

This will only work if it's the same bug I was having (so no promises);