Anyone have experience with repair extension program (650m Retina)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fenderbass146, Nov 9, 2015.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I have a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro with the 650m. Occasionally I will get random shutdowns and distortions on screen. I am taking it in to an Apple store today to see if I can have the logic board replaced under the repair extension program.

Has anyone tried this before or went through this.

Also I hope they don't give me issues, I had to replace my screen myself due to burn in issues that they wouldn't fix unless I paid $750 dollars. At the time it was out of warranty so I had nothing to loose, that better not effect the extended repair claim.

2. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

So far they did really nothing for me, the test they run doesn't show a failure...they did say I could bring it in before the deadline and they can run extended tests on it to see if they can get it to show a failure....

3. yukari macrumors regular

The first time I took my 2011 MBP 15" due to random line through a screen, they said they couldn't reproduce the results. No **** Sherlock as it occurred randomly.

Then it just went completely blank about 3 weeks after they said nothing was wrong. They then replaced the logic board for free. I kept my SSD in as well as HDD in the optical bay. They didn't give me any hassle about having replaced with SSD and put in HDD in optical bay.