Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

USAFA2008

Suspended
Dec 1, 2017
I've found this to be true with any tool. You have to use it to become competent with it. Further, you have to use it with intent in order to master it.
I am just curious what do you mean by saying "you have to use it with intent in order to master it?"

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I am just curious what do you mean by saying "you have to use it with intent in order to master it?"
Oh, like scales for a musician, or freehanding dovetails for a carpenter. I’ll practice strong hand, weak hand, with and without support, etc.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I like fishing and duck hunting..and yes I eat both..

We like fishing... did some at our last reunion. The ducks were not there as sandwich options though. Just passing through and not averse to any bread left over from our meal. LOL they had no clue that five feet from where they walked through our gathering there was a cat snoozing in a soft carrier... had the cat been out and about then maybe duck sandwich could have been an option after all.

NotDuckSandwiches.jpg

USAFA2008

Suspended
Dec 1, 2017
Oh, like scales for a musician, or freehanding dovetails for a carpenter. I’ll practice strong hand, weak hand, with and without support, etc.
Understood! I too practice weak hand because it is one of those skills you hope you never need but if you need it then SHTF. Sadly I am stationed in England and don't get to shoot except during my qualifications. But I make the most out of my vacations to the states and will spend a few days on the range.

Reactions: WinkWink726
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.