Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterxxvi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Hey if anyone is interested in how to a USB-c and eSata to their cMP I made a short little video explaining how.

Thnx and let me know if you guys have any questions.

Mac Gus

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2013
New York City
Have you installed the 10 gb/s driver from CalDigit? If you contact them and provide the serial number on your PCIe card they will give you the driver.

I have had the caldigit card for a couple years. What was the inexpensive USB3-A card you showed around 30 seconds in? I would like to get a cheap USB 3 card in addition to my Caldigit one just for SD card reader etc.

peterxxvi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Have you installed the 10 gb/s driver from CalDigit? If you contact them and provide the serial number on your PCIe card they will give you the driver.

I just installed it and didn't even realize that they have a mac driver. On their website it only shows a driver for windows. Thats something that I will defiantly have to look into.

I have had the caldigit card for a couple years. What was the inexpensive USB3-A card you showed around 30 seconds in? I would like to get a cheap USB 3 card in addition to my Caldigit one just for SD card reader etc.

Here you go. https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Expr...42164717&sr=8-3&keywords=mac+pro+usb+3.0+pcie

Unlike mine this one has 4 USB 3.0 ports and is a fraction of the price. For me the USB-C was the deal breaker and the reason that I went with the CalDigit.

Mac Gus

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2013
New York City
Thanks. I just ordered. I already have the caldigit with the 10gb/s firmware that my raid drive is hooked into. Just needed some more USB slots.

peterxxvi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Thanks. I just ordered. I already have the caldigit with the 10gb/s firmware that my raid drive is hooked into. Just needed some more USB slots.

You're welcome and thnx for the info about the os x driver for the Caldigit card!!!

Reactions: Mac Gus

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I have been using a Sonnet USB-C adapter for about a year now. It's been perfect.

And no it doesn't support anything other than storage devices unfortunately.

trifero

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2009
Hey if anyone is interested in how to a USB-c and eSata to their cMP I made a short little video explaining how.

Thnx and let me know if you guys have any questions.
Thanks. Years using this card , in the 3 versions. Didn´ realize it´s easier to use with a HUB, always used a single USB cabkle extender.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.