Anyone leave to go to the Storm??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edge171, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Edge171 macrumors member

I reallly miss copy and paste, mms, and video. Anyone leave to go to the BB Storm?? Did you regret it??? Happy with it??? Lemme know!!

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

no way would i leave for the storm
    the storm is crap
    which is sad, because it had so much potential

but they screwed up the implementation of a stupid toylike idea and its almost impossible to type fast on

plus verizon is an AWFUL company and, in their greed, told RIM they had to remove WiFi so they could force people to use their 3g.

i understand if you want to switch phones for those features you miss, but for your own sanity, pick a different phone

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Just a wild guess, but you'd probably be FAR more likely to get positive responses if you were to post this question in a BB forum ... ;)

4. Edge171 thread starter macrumors member

And why is that? I'm looking to see if anyone went to the Storm and they now totally miss the iphone.....

5. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Nope, Iam not going. Love my iPhone. In regards to the missing features, I have survived this long with out them on my iPhone. If they show up in a future software release, then its a bonus.

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Because there are a lot of people here who can't seem to understand the question.

7. ex8886 macrumors member

You should take a look a some of the review videos, the os looks painful to use. But then again I have never liked the blackberry os. Most of the iphone shortcomings can be fixed through software updates, so I'm hopeful! And wifi is much faster than 3G (at least for me), so I would never get a phone without it

8. bobbykurva macrumors newbie

I was a Verizon customer for years and have been sitting on my NE2 discount since July waiting for the release of the Storm. Like many other people, I sat in line the morning of the release and was one of the few that got number at the store that guaranteed me a Storm. As I waited for my number to be called to activate my phone, I had a chance to play with the display model. I'm so glad I did because I realized how big of a piece isht the Storm is. Lag is horrible, the OS is slow, and the overall user experience is lackluster and frustrating. I gave my number to another person who was waiting around. Needless to say, I left Verizon and went next door to AT&T and got myself the iPhone. I paid my cancellation fee with Verizon and have never looked back. I'm in CT and the 3G service here is fabulous. I have not had a single dropped call and get even better coverage with AT&T than I had with Verizon. I haven't looked back since switching.

Just my $0.02.

9. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

You are a jailbreak way from video and possibly MMS depending where you are.

10. danny_w macrumors 601

Well just keep hoping. Many of those same issues that were deemed 'simple software fixes' have been there since the beginning 1.5 years ago and they are still not fixed. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

11. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

awesome story!! love it!!

12. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The iPhone is still better than the store. See, the iPhone just..... works.

If you go to a blackberry forum, they will be foaming at the mouths about the storm.

And yeah, I sound like one of those fan boys, but the iPhone is just the better phone.

13. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

@OP: there are other forums dedicated to comparing phones. I would ask in those places.

Apparently no one here understands the phrase "left to go to a Storm". Not looked at or played with.

Sigh.

14. descartes macrumors 6502

tried typing on the storm at the store and found it extremely difficult. maybe you get used to it but i always felt the value of the blackberry was typing long emails quickly.

15. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I will not leave the iPhone. One of the biggest killers of free time, for me, is Aurora Feint, and it isn't available on any other platform. ;)

Also, there are the other things that make an iPhone an iPhone, but I wanted to post something different than everyone else. :)

16. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I love it! This should be published in the NY Times Tech Section and every blog on the internet..... Storm sucks!!!

17. darkus macrumors regular

I went cash in hand early to get a storm, tried it out first and just couldnt get used to it (I WANTED TO get used to it because i'm a long time verizon customer and absolutly in love with verizon's coverage). And I can usually convicne myself to get something I don't need or that isn't that great -- but this time, the problem with typing was just to great to overcome :(

18. danny_w macrumors 601

Maybe I should go try a Storm to find out what everybody means about the keyboard. Personally when I first tried the iPhone I absolutely hated the virtual keyboard; now that I have had mine for something over a year I am more used to it, but still do not really like it. What is it about the Storm keyboard that makes it worse in your eyes?

19. alejovh1 macrumors regular

I canceled my AT&T contract and moved to verizon a couple of months ago due to dropped calls, I sold my iPhone 3G and got a blackberry curve and was looking forward to get the storm. I waited in line since 5 am and used it for two weeks. Honestly the storm is a nice blackberry but doesn't come even close to the iphone. You have to navigate trough menus to do basic tasks and the apps must be completely closed otherwise they stay running on the background slwoing the phone down. The typing is not for everyone, it's limited to how fast the hardware can work. I would suggest to play with it at the store before you decide to ditch your iPhone.
    I leraned my lesson, went back and got an iPhone again.

20. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

My cousin just bought a Storm. He downgraded to the Storm from the iPhone. He owned the Storm for 2 days and he returned it last night and got the iPhone 3G. He told me last night that getting the Storm was the worst decision he's ever made. He loves the iPhone 3G now. He even said that Verizon's 3G is way slower than 3G on the iPhone. True story.

21. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I think someone should throw together a video as an ad to show people why the Storm sucks and why people are reverting to iPhones.... it would be great

22. darkus macrumors regular

Believe me, Im no fan of the iphone keyboard, the blackberry Curve is still my primary phone. But the iphone kb is usable and it is possible to type very fast and accuratly with it if you are paying attention. However, the storm is not good mainly because of the click screen action that is required to confirm a letter choice. So basicly you put your finger on a letter just like on the iphone but this will only highlight the letter. To actually "type" the letter you have to push down on the screen to get it to click. This significantly slows you down to a speed that makes it useless for email/SMS use. I was very accurate with the blackberry storm, but far to slow and made me actually appreciate the iphone keyboard which before that morning i had hated.

23. danny_w macrumors 601

Very interesting. I guess I will have to try it to see what you mean for sure, but I think that I get it now.

24. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

If copy n' paste and MMS is that important to you, knock yourself out. But don't come crying to us when you start missing the dozens of things that the Storm can't do.

25. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

If I was going to leave the iPhone for a Blackberry I would go for the Bold, not the Storm.