Anyone like me? Caseless

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Prissy, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Prissy macrumors 6502

Is there anyone like me not going to use any case and screen protector for your iPhone X? I've didn't use any of those since iPhone 6 Plus. Although every time when I am upgrading to a new phone, my old phone looks pretty scratched up, but still no regrets. lol.

2. Jinkst macrumors 6502

I buy a new case with each new iPhone and after a few days strip it off. I have done just the same again, and chances are after a few days the iPhone X will be naked as the day I was born.

3. Jinkst, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

Jinkst macrumors 6502

I have neither myself.

Have always ended up caseless. Only screen I’ve broken was an iPhone 5, took it to Apple in Sydney and they swapped it, no charge. They stated based on the number of products I had and first repair that it was goodwill.

4. Smog macrumors regular

I've bought a Torus case just for now but I'm always case-less. I had a voucher for Amazon so thought I'd get it to try it so no huge loss if I don't use it.

To be honest, I try and take pride in my things but I've stopped obsessing as much about fine scratches. I don't wrap my car in a case to stop stone chips and that still works just fine.

Terms of insurance, thought about all these different options, but I'm covered in my home insurance for "carried items" up to £2000 so I don't see any reason to double insure a phone. Insurance is paid to be used in accidents and that's what I intend to do. Only had to pay for 3 phone screen replacements since the first iPhone in 2007, one of those being due to excessive alcohol use:D

5. ZipZap macrumors 603

Phone is a fingerprint magnet. Yuk. So minimalist case and super think screen protector for me.

6. lsh macrumors 6502a

I've done the Belkin ultra glass for that reason - it protects, and with the applicator they have, the application was perfect.

I scratched a 6plus phone when it slid off the car console and landed on the floor. I had to kick it from the pedals and it was scratched by a rock or something on the matt. Apple took pity and replaced screen for free, but after that, I went with the Belkin.

But I'm skeptical with the lack of bezel. And the Belkin glass chipped and scratched. So I'm going to give the Apple Folio leather case a test.

7. mickeydean macrumors 6502

What?

8. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

That's risky business, especially on a phone worth as much as the X.

Loyalty discount!

9. Simbazz macrumors regular

I decided to use my 7+ JB caseless, I hated the damn thing. All scratched up.

For the X I'm totally going case/screen protector. I dislike the extra bulk but I also like knowing that underneath it's still clean and not scratched!

Plus I'm all about that trade in value. (I might be quite cheap...)

10. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

I'd use a case but even the nice Apple-designed cases are too bulky and distracting. I remember using a case for a while with the iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and slipping them off for some reason and feeling the thinness and lightness and the seamlessness of them. That said I'm debating getting a leather case out of paranoia. The girlfriend got the Apple leather folio case (yes, for $100). It's very nice.

11. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I hate cases.

I have had every iPhone but one since the 3G, and only ever used a case on the 6, because it was so damn slippery. I have not used a screen protector since I left the plastic screen of the Palm Treo in the rear view mirror!

I have happily used my jet black 7 naked since launch day, and it looks fine. A few micro scratches on the back, but you have to look for them, so I don’t care.

I will be rocking my X naked as soon as it gets into my eager little hands. :)

I also generally skip AppleCare Plus (I have never cracked a screen or had to get service for something I did), but I’ll be getting it this time. $549 for a cracked back is too risky.

12. mickeydean macrumors 6502

All I ever get are power-tripping employees who quote “the company rules” like they’re commandments...

13. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean... the phone just looks SOOOO much better without a case..

14. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Have you tried Skins or Naked Skins?

15. arggg14 macrumors 6502a

Never use a case because I've never dropped a phone.

16. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Debating on using mine naked since I bought apple care for my iPhone X.

17. predation macrumors 65816

I just used cases when I know I need it. Like when I know I’m going to hand it to a friend to take a pic. Can’t fix their clumsiness.

18. MacPioneer macrumors member

I’ve never used a case, starting with the original iPhone. My current iPhone 6 is in pristine condition. FWIW, I don’t carry my phone in my pocket; I use a belt-clip holster.

19. Nebulance macrumors 6502

Nebulance

I used a case on my 3GS, but it ended up scratching the back pretty bad. Ever since, I don’t use one, and my phones still look brand new. I’ll probably take the same approach with the X. But maybe since it’s got the glass back, I’ll look into a skin, as long as it’s not too bulky looking. We’ll see.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    I’ve dropped my phone less than 10 times. One of those, as it was happening, I batted it mid air to the bed!

20. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Now having the phone, it is a slippery device. Even just resting it somewhere, if it’s not flat the X slips. Have gone Spigen AirSkin for the time being.

21. thomasfxlt58 macrumors regular

While cool without the case, this X will never see the world without one.

22. BFG86 macrumors 6502

I haven't bought one yet, but may, only because of the slip factor.

Everythingappleup drop it like 4 times on hard concrete from waist height and it never cracked, although he did mess the face id up

23. Benz63amg macrumors 68030

Benz63amg

i cant imagine using the X without a case lol, it would slip out of my hand sooner or later and i dont want to take that chance nor do i want to, i love using the apple leather case with my iPhone X, proper protector and very slim.

24. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

still on the fence myself. Love the look of it naked, but the rear glass breaking concerns me since it isn't a minor fix per Apple.

I have had a couple of the saddle leather cases from apple that have all aged wonderfully so I will stick with it for now I guess.

25. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

nrvna76

Never use a case. I’ve always thought iPhones were great looking devices and a case just ruins that. The screen on my 7 has a ton of micro scratches, but nothing anywhere else. This phone is way more grippy than the 7.

I was all set up to get a saddle brown leather case when I was at the store. Couldn’t do it. Phone looks amazing as is and after seeing everythingapplepro’s drop and water testing I think I’ll be good to go with just AppleCare+.