Anyone made the switch from Jet Black to Red?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecore762, Apr 4, 2017.

1. thecore762 macrumors regular

I am considering exchanging the Jet Black for the Red iPhone 7+, it looks great, the only thing I am not too thrilled about is the white screen.

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

How does it influence your decision if anyone else swaps his phone for the red one?

3. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

I'm going to get a product red case for my jet black phone just so I can change things up. Plus, it retains the nice black bezels.

4. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

How do you just go and "exchange" a phone to get a new colour?!

5. KnightMagic macrumors newbie

KnightMagic

If you exchanging a Jet Black 7+ for the Red 7+ and you are outside of your return period then the phrase 'More money than sense' applies.

6. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Exactly what I was thinking.

7. MajicSho macrumors newbie

MajicSho

For the sake of the question, I'll give it an answer.
    I have the Jet Black and got the Product Red two days ago. (Why?), Well my obsession with the color Red has no boundaries lol
    I'm also either selling my Jet Black or handing it over to my wife. So the hit is not that bad as she's been eyeing an iPhone 7 Plus since launch.

What do I think? Obviously, the color is still kind of rare and you don't see many people with one (I haven't seen any where I'm from), but that's an advantage if exclusivity is your thing.
    The white front honestly gives the phone a clean look (for lack of a better description), I still prefer a Black front though if I had the option.

I wrapped my Product Red in a naked skin and I think it's given it a nice look and grip (link to my photos can be found in post 105 here): https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-and-7-plus-product-red-pics.2038470/page-5

Any other questions, just ask.

8. crawltochina macrumors member

I made the change too. I have a Jet Black 7 Plus and bought a Product Red 7 Plus. I found the red one for a good price so the upgrade costs me 100€, which is ok for a newer phone which hopefully will have a higher resale value when the 8 is out :). I really like the Jet Black so if i wouldn't have found such a good offer i wouldn't have changed.

The red looks phenomenal and the white front is ideal for summer. No smudges visible in bright sunlight.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

A co-worker and I, we went into Apple this past weekend, and she bought the Project Red 7+. It's very nice, even with the white face. Like you, I wished it came in black. I almost got influenced to get one. I realized how readily available the Red was. I'm still waiting for the iPhone 8. It's only 6 months away, but that Red sure looks tempting.

10. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Although I have the Matte Black, I had considered it. I am on the IUP, so I need $200 to 'upgrade.' I am going to wait for the 7s+ or iPhone 8 and purchase then.

11. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, the red looks super nice and the paint seems to be something that will last vs matte black and the jb scratch issues.
    I keep my phone in my case all times, just by having the phone for a week it already has a small micro scratch line that is an inch long....not sure how it got scratched since its been in a TPU case since I bought it.

12. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

13. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

Nice, getting use to the white screen?

14. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

If you always have it in a case, why would it matter what color it is?

Mine's always in a case too. Have only seen its factory color perhaps 3 times in 4+ years.

Personally, I wouldn't spend money to simply get the same phone you already have, even if it's a different color. I'd just buy a different case if I cared about color.

As far as durability goes, expect the red phone to lose paint as easy as any of the other colors.

It's paint adhered to a non porous surface. It can be scraped off.

15. cbreze macrumors 6502

cbreze

Don't understand what they were thinking making the screen white on the red phone. Spoils the whole appearance IMO. Black with the red would have been so much better

16. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess the silver iPhone wasn't as popular this time around.

17. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

No and I never would it's not a nice looking phone !

18. posguy99 macrumors 6502

What in the world are you basing that on?

19. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

How are you guys trading to red? I have a jet black and want the red but how is this even possible?

20. posguy99 macrumors 6502

By selling the black and buying the red. How else would you think?

21. zone23 macrumors 68000

22. woodynorman macrumors 6502

I just made the switch. JB 7plus to Red 7plus.

Ive always preferred the black front, but I'm a half a day into it and I don't even notice it being white. I may consider a black screen protector deal though.

I love the look of the red/white. It just pops. I running it naked too. I find the red much more grippy...I couldn't do that with my previous JB. (see my thread below about going nude).

23. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

But then come September wouldn't you have to pay more out of pocket to get the new 8 plus?

24. sallenthornton macrumors member

I think it's beautiful just the way it is, but what do I know, I like the white faced phones.

25. posguy99 macrumors 6502

Of course. But the entitled will do what the entitled will do.