Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcpryon2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
My iPhone has been called “Seedling” for as long as I can remember.

My iPad Pro is “Drawing Board.”

My 2016 MBP? “Albatross,” since that sums it up pretty well.

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
I will sometimes refer to my LG V20 as my Shaq Daddy phone. I will say where is my Shaq Daddy phone (big and black) or sometimes where's my Hulk or my big boy?

On my SE, I refer to it like what Ste Smith said from Cult of Mac. Mighty Mouse or where is the little guy at?

Since I'm not fly like a G6, I would do the Les Grossman (who is Harvey Weinstein-inspired) dance with my G5. The irony is if you watch that scene in Tropic Thunder, you can see Tom Cruise turn on his LG stereo once he started to dance to Flo Rida's "Low."

"I'm talking about.. G5, Pecker!"
zUJmss.gif

Only difference is I would think of Jim Jones' "We Fly High." Better beat.

We fly high like a G5, Pecker!
latest

On the X, my favorite from X-Men is obviously Wolverine. And Halle Berry (Storm) is half-black/half-white which the silver X is. I could call it Xavier like Xavier McDaniels (former-NBA player known as X-Man) and for Professor X. Tribute to Patrick Stewart after watching Logan.

iPhone X-Man

Some say Ten, some say Ex. Some say niche as nitch and some say it as neesh. Some say gif as jif or gif. Some say No-kia when it's really Nah-kia. Call it whatever you like.

Yeah, I need friends. :D :p

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
...or do you just leave it at “name’s phone”?

Habit I got from work, to name my devices in a theme.
IPhone X is going to be ‘Lysithea’, which is the 10th moon of Jupiter. It will join Callisto and Titan on our network.
No but I told Siri to refer to me as "The King" :cool:

Sigp232

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
I’ll just call it what I’ve called other phones when someone takes it.
Give me my fu$&%# phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.