Anyone NOT having problems with the iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsquared, Jul 22, 2008.

?

Does you iPhone 3G work?

1. My iPhone 3G works great and I have minimal if any problems...

86.4%
  2. No, my phone is a piece of crap and I wish I would have never gotten it...

2.1%
  3. My iPhone 3G has/had factory problems...

7.9%
  4. My iPhone 3G has/had network problems...

3.6%
  1. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I seem to be the minority about the my new phone. Other than the battery life isn't imaculate (which was expected) and the maybe the lagging in typing (which fixes if you just back out and go back in) I'm hyped about my phone. The 3G network in my area (Nashville) is near wireless speed, the GPS works great, all the sounds work, etc. Of course when everything is going great you don't hear about it, but when things are bad you hear it from every angle. Anyone else out there with a good phone?

2. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I picked up my 8GB yesterday and it's basically flawless. No dead pixels, everything is "flush", no lights coming out of the sides, no bubbles on the back. 3rd Party Apps crash a lot, but that will be fixed with future software updates. Couldn't be happier with mine all in all.

3. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

Post back in a few days when you realize you can't make a phone call for more then 5 mins before the call gets dropped or being in the middle of a major city and having no service. Or trying to sync your phone via mobile me with out work outlook calander.

4. ginguar macrumors regular

Me, I've had mine since launch day and after the battery was conditioned (2 cycles) it's been fine, better than my original iPhone and I had no complaints with it. I do a load of surfing on it, Make at least 1 10-15 min call a day, have downloaded a load of apps (10-15) used the GPS to aid in navigation (well other half did while I drove).

5. lokiju macrumors 6502

My wife and I, my brother in law and my two friends all got 16GB Iphones on the first weekend and have all had no issues.

Of course we eat through the battery when we're playing with the phone all day long but that's to be expected.

If you treat it like a regular phone and just make the call here and there the battery actually last a long time IMO.

Some apps crash here and there but 99.99% of the time just turning off and back on the iPhone fixes this.

All in all I'd say we're all very happy with our purchases.

6. jacksam101 macrumors member

No problems with my 16gb - no dropped calls; holds onto the network 3G/EDGE/GPRS etc loads better than my old phone on "3" network ever did.

Fantastic phone - just had a weekend away and didn't need to take my laptop - email; web; games and phone all to hand - recharge every night and all is well with mine.

(Waiting for Tom Tom application tho !)

7. newyorksole macrumors 68020

My phone is great. I am always connected to 3G and the call quality is always great and I never get any dropped calls. I just wish AT&T would fix their network so I could get some faster speeds. The 2.0 software is also great and my apps are crashing/being buggy.

8. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Except for 3G issues, mine is flawless. Doesn't bother me much daily, because I turn off the 3G to save battery. But it should work as advertised, and since it doesn't, it will go back if the 3G issues aren't resolved by day 29. That will be a huge disappointment if it happens, because I like the phone a lot otherwise.

9. phannon666 macrumors regular

No problems with Black 16GB. No hardware issues, one software crash which was entirely attributable to facebook app and hasn't happened again since (about a week or more now), prob due to the update facebook rolled out.

Reception is ace! Full 3G reception and I'm currently living in a basement level apartment in a small town in a valley, and when it has been on EDGE, it's been pleanty quick enough. Used the document viewer (also good) after downloading 2 fairly sizeable word docs and pdf files over EDGE connection, from my Gmail account using the mail app. Absolutely as it should be :D

10. Ouhei macrumors member

8gig here, no issues at all.

Calls are clear, data is speedy, only time I've crashed was when opening an app, and that was once.

My keyboard lags sometimes in SMS, but that's a firmware thing that should be fixed.

Came from a WM device, which was about the most unusable POS ever.

11. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

No complaints. I had very high expectations and it has matched them very well.

12. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Other than the MobileMe issues, I am happy with the new iPhone. I have little preference over the material that was used to construct the device -- plastic or aluminum.

13. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

I agree completely. My 8GB Black iPhone 3G works very well. The battery is a little less forgiving than the 1st gen, but I knew that before I purchased.

I'm a happy customer.

14. jsquared thread starter macrumors 6502

jsquared

Well I'm glad to see that there are some happy iPhone 3G holders out there and that I'm not alone. I mean to be honest the 3G network amazes me how fast it is. But nothing is perfect and if you look hard enough you can always find something wrong with anything. But this is the best phone on the market, hands down.

15. hkftw macrumors member

I have no problems to report whatsoever since I've had my phone on launch day

16. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

ONLY issue I've had is the occasionally slow keyboard. I've had mine since July 11 (8:30 a.m.)

Well, that and getting MobileMe set up was a fiasco, but that's not an iPhone issue. In any case, MobileMe works for me now and I love it :D

17. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Nope! Had my phone for over a week and none of those have happened to me.

18. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I got my boyfriend a 3G phone just the other day for his birthday, and other than the same 2.0 firmware/App Store glitches that many other people are having, the phone itself seemed flawless....

....until he finally started calling me with it. The first time, he sounded really scratchy and there was a lot of static -- but he didn't seem to notice it, so I didn't say anything. Then he called me again, this time to my work phone, and the same static noise. This time I asked him if he heard anything, and he said he didn't. I'm going to test it out later tonight, and if there's still issues, we'll have to take it back to the Apple store... :-(

19. littlelauren99 macrumors newbie

I got the phone on the launch day and so far, it's been great.

The battery issue is obvious but the truth is, if you have a car charger or charge it on your computer or whatever, it's fine. Plus, turning off 3g and such when not using saves it just a little more as well.

My calls have been pretty good. I think I've only had 2 fail and it wasn't that big of a deal. I mean, I've had calls fail on every network, it's stuff I don't get dissapointed by because technology can't always be perfect.

Other than that, the normal things that people have been complaining about, I have not had a problem. I bought a case the first day and there's no damage to the phone, no yellow screens, downloading apps and such has been great.

It's a fantastic phone IMO and the truth is, it's science and technology. It will never be 100% perfect, 24/7 and I believe that feeling that way has made my expectations go above and beyond.

=)

20. oban14 macrumors 6502a

I have had zero problems since I got my phone.

1) No dead pixels.
    2) No yellow screen.
    3) Fast 3G/wi-fi speeds.
    4) No light leakage.
    5) No scratches.
    6) No slowness/bugginess/software quirks.

I feel bad for those who are having issues, but mine has been absolutely fantastic! :D

21. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Is he using a bluetooth headset?

22. jsquared thread starter macrumors 6502

jsquared

Oh yeah my main problem with the phone was self induced. I got out of the car with my phone in my lap and it took a pretty harsh fall. This is a bad/good story I suppose. The phone took the fall surprisingly well, better than I did. My heart dropped to my stomach since I had only had the phone for around 24 hours and waited in line for 18 hr just to get it.

In the end there are a couple of minor scratches and a little dent/scrape on the top right corner of the white plastic. But it still works so I'm cool with it. It won't be the last time it gets dropped, I'm sure.

23. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    No problems here! I've had my 16 GB iPhone since Launch Day and am very pleased with it!

24. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I never talk on the phone for longer than 4 minutes, 30 seconds, I don't live in a major city and don't travel too much, and I don't use Mobile Me....So no.

25. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Nope.