Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does you iPhone 3G work?

• Total voters

Pandora01

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2008
Toronto
I wish I could say everything is perfect, but my sound effects don't work. It seems like such a little thing, but you'd be surprised how quickly not receiving audio notifications of incoming text messages becomes a major inconvenience. Still, I can see that some others here have had bigger problems, so I guess it could be worse.

My mom's iPhone is perfect, though. Trying not to be jealous! :eek:

Ryan.Fork

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I'm not having any trouble so far. Some of you really need to lighten up really...

Pandora01

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2008
Toronto
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I'm not having any trouble so far. Some of you really need to lighten up really...

So people should lighten up because you are not having any problems? Or they should lighten up because they paid for certain features that don't work properly? :rolleyes:

xerenthar

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
Post back in a few days when you realize you can't make a phone call for more then 5 mins before the call gets dropped or being in the middle of a major city and having no service.

Had mine since 7/11... I have not had these issues. Why don't you stop projecting your issues onto the entire iPhone 3G owning populace?

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
other than the yellow screen issues what other problems are people experiencing? I know about the typing in SMS, but that came with the 2.0 update and it affects the original iPhone as well.

I'm happy with my 3G but I'm curious about the problems others are having

Zephgx

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
California
Perfect with no defects (although there's small plastic residue near the camera and headphone jack)

Software, SMS lags while texting, but that's it.

Although is it me or my 1st gen iPhone speakers sounds better than my 3G (White)?

afireintonto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Portland
no major problems, the only thing weird i've managed to do is ive frozen and reset the phone on accident. i was playing with my new iphone 3g and i froze the whole phone no touch or button controls. i was using safari and i was looking at very high data pages - pages with like 300 or more pictures tons of links and text. it was weird the phone froze up and i just waited until the battery died and then i re-synced it and all was fine. :]:apple:

spetykowski

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2007
it's not that my iPhone 3G dosent have any issues, with battery life, or apps or anything else mentioned. its that i dont believe i allow these "hic-ups" to bother me enough to post a long rant about how, "my phone lags when im typing 100+ words-per-minuet. WTF apple!"

I recieve a 20% battery life remaining after 8 hours of music through head phones and texting thoughout the work day. this suites me very well. as once i leave work my iphone usually stays in my pocket and i dont use it quite as much.

ive also noticed the sms type lag issue, but it dosent skip any letters that i have hit. and always auto corrects, the only difference from 1.1.4 is that the letter isnt shown right away. but only about a second or two later. when it lags i keep typing and wait for the iphone to catch up. and it always does!

Personally, I'm in love with my iPhone. issues or not, it is still the most powerful phone that i am aware of...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.