Anyone NOT pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mark081990, Oct 9, 2011.

1. mark081990 macrumors member

Is anyone just going to go to the store and take their chances trying to buy it Friday at stores (Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc...)?

Or did everyone here pre-order the or plan to pre-order the iPhone?

2. 2010RS macrumors 6502

3. Avon4447 macrumors newbie

I stayed up all night to pre-order as soon as Verizon allowed.

4. iDabble macrumors regular

didn't pre order and 100% confident i'll get one friday without having to wait in an insane line

5. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

If the amount of people doing pre-ordering is any indication of 4S demand, then expect extremely long lines Friday.

6. mark081990 thread starter macrumors member

i believe this will happen. iPhone 4 design basically unchanged for the most part over the course of nearly 1 1/2 years of production and you shouldn't have a problem getting it in store on Friday. I expect them to have ridiculous amount in their supply storage of iPhone 4s's.

Good luck.

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

you'll be able to walk into the apple store first day and get an iPhone 4S, I know people who went in at 7pm after the madness died down for the iPhone and walked out with a phone

8. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

I'm taking my chances in store Friday since it's now a 1-2 week wait to order online. Pretty sure I'll have no problem getting one.

9. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Need unlocked phones... Can't buy till November

10. jesses macrumors regular

jesses

I did not pre-order. I'm just going to wait until it's actually in stores.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I didn't pre-order. I've bought the iPhone 3G on the first day, i'll do the same for the 4S. Thankfully i'll be free on Friday, because standing in line with other people is a totally different experience.

12. Jkmbaum macrumors member

No pre-order for me...overslept my 3am alarm....im ready to camp put for my sprint iPhone!:D

13. mds macrumors 6502

I didn't preorder. I'm gonna wait until they come out and see if there are any issues with them first. I'll probably pick one up some time the following week assuming they're available. I don't need to have it now, though I'd like to, haha.

14. LagFighter macrumors regular

I preordered because there was no reason not to and I had success with it last year.

That said, it's entirely possible that you'll be able to get your phone without problems on Friday. For my 3GS, I got up and went to the AT&T store at about 7 AM; there was no line, and I was out in about 15 minutes with exactly the model I wanted. It's really easy, OP. I would say go to your carrier's store before the Apple Store.

15. josh3326 macrumors member

I can wait

It's a stupid phone. I can wait for a month or so. I wait on everything and have luck getting it. I'm not going to get up early, stay up late, or stand in a mile long line (MORONS) for a phone.

I will if the phone can fly me to work, feed me, take better pictures than my Nikon D3s, Bring back Mr Jobs, Boot Obama and every other crook from office, make me a ton of money, or make my wife shush when I am busy.

16. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to try my luck on Friday too. Didn't have the money at the time of the preorder.

I'm not the account holder, but I set myself as an authorized user online. As long as I know the account holder's last 4 digits of their social security #, I'll be good to upgrade my line right?

17. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

I tried to preorder, but they were trying to send the phone to the address on my credit card, and not my bill.

I'm away at college, so I am just going to show up at the Sprint store at 10am (when I'm done with class) and hope I can get one. If not, I'll go across the street to Best Buy and hope I can get one. If not, I'll just have to wait a while..

18. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Yes would never buy something expensive unless I've physically held it in my hand to make sure I like it.

Even though the 4S is the same design as the 4 I would want to make sure all the features work as described and how good Siri actually is.

19. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

Unfortunately I'm unable to wait in line this year because I'll be at work.

So...
    I scheduled my lunch break for 2:45am and ordered my iPhone 4s at 3:42 with seconds to spare before I had to get back on the floor.

I usually love waiting in apple lines. Last year I got in line at 1:00 am even thought I had a phone reserved. But because my apple store is outdoors and I work midnights I wouldn't be about to make it before they run out.

20. willyfromphilly macrumors newbie

Just like my favorite tv shows, I HAVE to have it in my hand the first day. Now, if there are problems, it might cause some headaches, but I'm sure I'll end up getting my money back if needed

21. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

For the people not going to the Apple Store:

Are you worried that Sprint/Verizon/AT&T will run out of phones before you get there?

I am, even though I will be arriving at the Sprint store only 2 hours after they open. :(

22. dunder09 macrumors newbie

I was at a Verizon store yesterday and they said they only had about 10 people show up before the store opened on the iPhone 4 release day. So they said as long as I get there before 12pm I should have no problem getting a 4s. Wasn't planning on spending the night in line anyway, not worth it.

23. mwhities macrumors 6502a

Not pre-ordering and I was waiting for approval too. I finally got approval from the boss (wife) to get the 4S. I might get the 16G and spend the other couple hundred on something else. I do need a new pair of headphones.

24. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I have always pre-ordered for delivery

Last year for the iPhone4, my fiancee ordered one for pickup and the line to get it was laughably long...hours and hours long.

Will never do that. Ever again.

25. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

I'm debating between Radioshack and ATT. I'm going to probably visit them tomorrow and see what they say.