Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RandomMistakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
561151_3504551106637_2032013044_n.jpg

RandomMistakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Haha wow.

The black nano is the only good looking one. The white face on the rest of the colours is gross.

I agree, I don't know what they were thinking with the white faceplate. Could've just wrapped the color all the way around to the screen.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I want to know what the hell the deal is with the fugly OS. It seriously looks like a cheap Chinese knockoff.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
That new iPod looks nice compared to the last gen. It goes with my iBook clamshell too :) ! Honestly, the Lumia one already looked enough like the iPod Nano that it isn't too bad IMO.

That OS is UGLY though.

Last edited:

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
The nano7G does look similar to the Lumia900. However, you'd have to also note that the Lumia looks like a stretch nano6G, or a smartphone version of the iPod mini or nano2G.

Also, one of Apple's early iPhone prototypes had the same basic shape. Here's a pic.

Screen-shot-2012-07-29-at-L-6.jpeg

Also note that the nanos and ipod mini were all made of aluminum, wheras the Lumia is made of plastic. So in person, the difference would be a little more apparent.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
The thing is, the new nano looks almost identical to the lumia. The old nano looks nothing like the lumia unless you use your imagination, add buttons on the bottom, etc...

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
The thing is, the new nano looks almost identical to the lumia. The old nano looks nothing like the lumia unless you use your imagination, add buttons on the bottom, etc...

I think they meant the earlier nanos, not 6th gen.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
IMO the defining design characteristic of the Lumia 900 is the rounded black glass bezel set inside the sharp 90 degree metal corners. That's the detail that sets it apart. - And this feature is primary also to the Nano 6th gen, which preceded the Lumia by one year.

Hence, I'd say the new Nano is primarily a stretched version of Apple's own design from 2010 - not a rip off the Lumia. If anything, it'd be more reasonable to deduct that the Lumia is a stretched version of the Nano 6th gen design.

I'm not eager to call Nokia copycats, but reversing the argument and making Apple out to be the bad guys here is simply against all reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.