Anyone obsessed with this thread?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ByteTheBooty, Mar 23, 2015.

1. ByteTheBooty macrumors regular

About 4-5 month before the announcement of this new Macbook, I have been reading the MBA threads almost every day. And ever since the announcement, I have been checking the Macbook thread almost 3-4 times a day. I think its my most anticipated Apple device. Unlike the iPhone 6 or iPar Air 2, Ive been wanting a ultraportable mac laptop with retina for so long.

2 years ago i bought a MBA 13 inch and deep down I always wished I had bought a retina pro, just for that display, but at the same time i didn't need the power and I didn't want the extra weight and thickness. So I have about 2 years worth of anticipation for this computer and it probably explains why I visit this website so frequently...

Who else check this page as much as I do?

2. Pootan macrumors member

Pootan

Me too. I want something small like 11" ma but with retina. If the reviews don't turn out well, I might end up picking up a surface instead to add to my collection.

3. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

I do. I'm ridiculously excited about getting my new rMB.

4. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I only started anticipating a 12" Retina Mac back in January. I travel so much that I wasn't really on here much and never really paid attention to the rumors. The wait for the Haswell rMBP was much crazier for me.

But I'm excited now and am just waiting for April 10th so I can order.

5. ByteTheBooty thread starter macrumors regular

As excited is I am, i probably won't be able to buy it on the 10th :/ ....I'm 200$ short of 1750$ (Canadian price including taxes)....so I'm trying to sell anything I can lol

6. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

I started paying attention back when there was a lot ARM rumors. Since the announcement I have been checking daily, I will be ordering this machine next month.

7. consumeritis macrumors member

Yep, I am also obsessed. When I saw the leaks I thought I would hate it, but now I can't wait until the 10th to try it out and see if it's up to replacing my current machine.

Though, usually what happens when I want something I can't actually buy yet is that by the time it actually comes out I don't want it any more. Announcing products in advance like this is a risk.

8. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Yes, I was wanting it to go as small and thin as possible, power and ports not an issue for me at all. The most serious thing I'll need it to do is run a 15-year-old bit of business software on XP running in Parallels. Performance won't be a problem! That way I can do everything I need to run my company while sitting on the beach anywhere in the world, which was a bit of a pain with a rMBP15...

Roll on April 10th. I was hoping to press the button on the morning of the announcement, it's been really annoying having to wait!

9. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Ha, I've used my 13" rMBP on the beach. I know what you mean. I was also ready to order on the event day, but looks we'll have to wait til April 10th.

10. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

Me too. I'm going in to the apple store that weekend or possibly the following week (to avoid the crowds) to give it a test drive and see what the keys are like for typing and see how usable the small screen is for what I want to do (and the various display options to increase usable desktop space. It's a pretty high likelyhood I will get one in the next couple months.

Also I'm torn about the color... space grey or gold? decisions decisions.

11. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

2 years ago, I would have said "shut up and take my money". A lot changes in 2 years though, and I'm no longer looking forward to it.

12. ByteTheBooty thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think it's just you who doesn't need it, I'm pretty sure 80% of Mac user would be perfectly fine with a 1.1 GHz Core M...

13. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

:D
    Thought it was just me. I watched that keynote all excited about the Watch, and when Tim brought the MacBook out, it was all I cared about. Decided then and there that my $ was going toward a Space Grey Macbook on April 10. Since then, I've totally been picking this thread apart, dissecting all info I can about the new MacBook. Good to know I'm not the only nerd! :p

14. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

Me too! I check it on my rMBP, my iPad rMini and my iPhone at least once a day each. I cannot wait for April 10! My only question is whether to get the 1299 or 1599 model. I should have the cash for either by then but I really don't need the bigger HD. Not sure if the CPU bump will matter much. Anyway... Can't wait!

15. mjs402 macrumors 6502

Me. I'm not proud of it :confused:, but I check the Apple Watch and MacBook forums daily.. often multiple times a day.. :/

I will be getting both on the 10th (at least preorder the Watch anyway).

Definitely not productive!

----------

I was actually streaming it on my iPhone on a road trip. I cheered when they played the video of it. My partner gave me a disgusted look but he doesn't understand. It's like a sports team winning a major game.

:(

16. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

This is a supportive community for us nerds in our time of waiting. :)

17. gooser macrumors 6502

i also have been checking this thread way more often than i should. and i'm not even in the market for a new computer as i don't need one. fascinating though. i hope it will be a success.

18. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

I am with you. I keep reading this forum and also googling Macbook multiple times a day. I am buying a new laptop on the 10th - I just don't know if it will be the Macbook or the Macbook Air. I am dying to see the reviews when they come out, and I want to try the Macbook in person in order to finally make my decision. I am just sorry the stores will be crazy crowded with everyone coming in to see the watches on the same day.

19. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

I get the feeling that a lot people are going to be disappointed by the keyboard. It sounds like it is 'different' typing experience but I think that it sounds like a couple of days of using it and you'll do fine (but you might not feel that confident just testing it out in the store). I am not worried and am not going to test it in store before mine arrives.

20. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I am also obsessed with this forum ever since I decided last week that I need* to upgrade my 2010 MacBook Pro for one of these babies.... I already sold my old iPhone 5S last weekend and prepped my old MacBook Pro for sale, complete with fresh Yosemite install (selling both to help fund/justify the $1549 MacBook price tag here in Canada, along with Apple Watch preorder on the same day of course).

*Don't worry, I live in the real world... I know that I don't NEED this MacBook, I am a grounded person... All I need is food on my table & a roof over my head.... But it is still nice to work hard and save for something like this.

21. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

I thought it was just me who comes and checks this multiple times a day. :D:D
    Wondering if I want a rMB or 15" rMBP. I know, I know, a big difference, but love the new rMB and what it offers in terms of portability, but going into engineering at A&M, I know I will need some power.

22. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Ive posted a ton in this thread so...yeah Im obscessed. Its either this or the 15" rMBP.

23. newellj macrumors 601

I'm still on the fence on the rMB, and reading what other people are thinking and discussing use cases, features, limitations, etc. is helpful.

24. Dubba macrumors regular

Totally obsessed...

My 2011 13" MacBookAir needs replacing. My first Mac was the 12" PowerBook.

I've been following the 12" MacBook rumors for months, and actually got quite sad when there were a few weeks in February where the rumor mill said it would be pushed to later in the year.

I'm glad it's coming out and I'll be getting the Space Grey /1.2 /512. I've also been checking this forum once, if not more, a day.

I'm super duper excited and the longest wait will be between April 10th and the 30th, when I will be in the US and able to pick one up.

25. brand macrumors 601

brand

I think you mean the MacBook forum and not thread. A single conversation is called a "thread", or topic. An example of a thread would be the one you created named "Anyone obsessed with this thread?".