Anyone order a apple leather case for their new iphone

darksoul78644

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
If so how is the protection. Ive had a silicone for my x but the only thing i didnt like was the open bottom. Might get me a saddle brown leather for my max.

Nvrendr

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
I ordered the Cape Cod Blue last Friday, should be here tomorrow! Had the black for my X, they’re great cases, no wear on the bottom where the opening is.

Reactions: Chicagogirlie

edlex

macrumors 68000
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
If so how is the protection. Ive had a silicone for my x but the only thing i didnt like was the open bottom. Might get me a saddle brown leather for my max.
I got an Apple black leather case for my Space Gray XS Max that is arriving tomorrow. Much easier to pull out of your pocket than the silicone case in my experience. The leather is a little slick at first but get more grippy with use.

Last edited:

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Had the saddle brown for my X this past year and got another saddle brown for my incoming Xs Max. Wanted to do something different but the patina on the saddle brown is excellent.

Reactions: Chicagogirlie

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Getting the Black for my silver Max. Had it for my last two iPhones. The black is the only one that doesn't change color with time. The open bottom has never been an issue. After many cases the leather Apple case is the best.

edlex

macrumors 68000
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Getting the Black for my silver Max. Had it for my last two iPhones. The black is the only one that doesn't change color with time. The open bottom has never been an issue. After many cases the leather Apple case is the best.
Surprisingly the gray leather case I have for my 8+ hasn’t discolored at all in the last year that I’ve had it. It’s too bad they didn’t come out with a gray one this year that’s why I went with black.

Sigp232

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Received mine today a day early Apple Xplus black leather. Feels good not slippery fits my 6S+ perfectly except the camera holes. Now waiting for phone on Friday.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Also, the cutout on the bottom has never been an issue for me.

If I ever put it into a cup holder I put the top down first to rest on the protected side. Just little things like that will go a long way to keeping your phone in good condition.

Squirreljam

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
I’ve a max coming on Friday and i ordered a saddle leather case, should arrive tomorrow. Never had a leather one, so can’t comment on slipperyness, but have always admired the saddle color.

The leather has always struck me as expensive, but with a $1250 phone, wtf is fifty bucks?

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
PVB, Florida
Silicone is way more slippery than leather I have both for my 6S+.
Have both as well for 8+ and, IMO, silicone way more tacky. Will not slide of center console of my truck. Grips in hand with less pressure. Tan leather will go flying on console.

Jumpie

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
I have the aubergine for the X now. It has gotten a little darker in the year I've had it. Waiting on the dark blue to come tomorrow for the Max.

bushman4

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Apple leathers cases are good Had black
It held up all year no problem They offer good protection as they have a small lip in the front

HM Apple

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Have used the Apple leather case on my iPhone 6 for four years. Same case, still in great shape, no drops. Ordered the leather Blue Cape Cod which comes tomorrow for my new XS Max on Friday.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
In the past, I’ve had dark blue (6+), black (7+) and saddle brown (X).
The dark blue went very black looking, I was fine with it, but it was hard to tell that it was blue after a while.
The black one stayed black. It was nice.
I haven’t had the saddle brown one for long, maybe 2 months, and it’s starting to get to a brown colour that I like. This one improves with age.
I’ve ordered Cape Cod Blue for my XS Max (Gold). I’ll use that for a while and see how it ages. If I like it’s aged look, then I’ll keep it, otherwise I think I’d get black or saddle brown again.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2010
I ordered the Cape Cod Blue last Friday, should be here tomorrow! Had the black for my X, they’re great cases, no wear on the bottom where the opening is.
I order one every year and return it. Too slippery. But beautiful.

Ortiz83

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2018
I was thinking about it but decided to go naked. And I work in construction. Hahaha. Good thing I’m just the superintendent. If I drop it, well, just gotta get another one. Hopefully it doesn’t happen.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I’ve always really liked them; they’re good enough protection from short falls into hard surfaces but not huge and bulky. They look and feel nice; the ceramic buttons are an added bonus compared to the silicone cases.

They are a little more slippery at first but with a little use and wear they get better. They also aren’t dust and first magnets the way the silicone cases are; when I try to use them they always collect every piece of lint in my pocket.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I ordered one for my XS Max as well. I like the feel of the leather cases in my hand and don’t mind when they get worn. I’ve dropped mine and haven’t broken the phone or anything but your experience may vary. I also ordered the leather rugged case from Nomad as it has more device area coverage as well as a bumper around the rim all while staying relatively slim.

https://hellonomad.com/collections/new-2018-iphone-cases/products/rugged-case-black-xs-max

Reactions: darksoul78644
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.