Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mantasis

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2007
I still experience a bit of jumpiness. Throws the timing off a bit. How much does resolution effect the game performance?

matti454

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
please help me

i have jus bought guitar hero 3 for my macbook pro, core2 2.2Ghz 2g ram. leopard 10.5.2
and every time i try to launch it it fails an says

""the application guitar hero III quit unexpectedly

mac os x and other applications are not affected

click relaunch to launch the application again. click report to see more details or send a report to apple

ignore report... relaunch"

i jus want to play it lol

any help will be much appreciated

thanks

Fry-man22

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
Wow you have the most beefiest MBP out there including all the hardware upgrades (highest processor, 7200RPM, and 4GB RAM) and you still experience lag? That goes to show what a power hungry game this is (or poorly developed/ported :eek: )

No; he doesn't have the beefiest MBP out there, it's a couple generations back.

The in sig specs say the box has a 2.16GHz which I believe is a Core Duo (32-bit w 2MB L2 Cache as opposed to the 64-bit with 4MB-6MB L2 cache for the newer processors). For gaming the main difference is the GPU which if that's the processor I'm thinking of the GPU is an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600, which according to Apple is about half the card that the current 8600M GT is.
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/performance.html (scroll down to the GPU comparison). I really don't see this being a "power hungry" game like a FPS would be...

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
No; he doesn't have the beefiest MBP out there, it's a couple generations back.

The in sig specs say the box has a 2.16GHz which I believe is a Core Duo (32-bit w 2MB L2 Cache as opposed to the 64-bit with 4MB-6MB L2 cache for the newer processors). For gaming the main difference is the GPU which if that's the processor I'm thinking of the GPU is an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600, which according to Apple is about half the card that the current 8600M GT is.
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/performance.html (scroll down to the GPU comparison). I really don't see this being a "power hungry" game like a FPS would be...

when he posted this, I did have the 2.6 ghz mbp.. I have since sold it and picked up the older model at a nice savings of 2k... it suits my needs fine...

btw... mine is core 2 duo still though

Fry-man22

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
when he posted this, I did have the 2.6 ghz mbp.. I have since sold it and picked up the older model at a nice savings of 2k... it suits my needs fine...

btw... mine is core 2 duo still though

Cool, I couldn't remember if they made a 2.16 in a C2D.

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
I have a MBP17 2.4GHz C2D, 4GB Ram, and this game is a waste of money IMHO. I have played it a lot on PS2 so I know how it's supposed to be.

On my MBP17 with the GH3 1.1 update and all settings on the lowest (800x600 res, low graphics, and no crowd) the timing is constantly wavering. I can play through songs and still get 98% notes hit, but it's near impossible to get good scores or more than 3 star ratings because it's near impossible to get long note streaks. The game will jitter and a note is missed.

For me, it was money wasted and several nights of frustration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.