Anyone Playing Tales of Vesperia?

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Got it last Wednesday and I have to say, it's very impressive.

The story starts out slow but picks up and becomes excellent. The english dub isn't bad and the fighting system is excellent.

Anyone else enjoying this? I havent' played a Tales game since ToS on the gamecube so the new additions to the series are new to me.

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
Not region free so I have to wait till the end of the month sadly...

Looking forward to it though, some great 360 titles this month. :)

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Anyone else enjoying this?
I downloaded the ToV demo and did not care for it but I'm picky. I really did not like the generic battle field that pops up when combat is initiated. Currently I've not seen a JRPG that really does it for me although every so often I do mess with Final Fantasy XII on PS2. It's better than ToV or Lost Odyssey. :)

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I downloaded the ToV demo and did not care for it but I'm picky. I really did not like the generic battle field that pops up when combat is initiated. Currently I've not seen a JRPG that really does it for me although every so often I do mess with Final Fantasy XII on PS2. It's better than ToV or Lost Odyssey. :)
the battlefield depends on where you're at on the map. I don't get what you think it's "generic".

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
the battlefield depends on where you're at on the map. I don't get what you think it's "generic".
The generic battlefield I speak of is an open space not representative of where the character is actually located such as walking down a narrow wooded path, combat is initiated and you're character is now in a wide open space created so you can fight. That is generic. :)