Anyone pre-order from AT&T and still not get a confirmation e-mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arcadia310, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Arcadia310 macrumors regular

I pre-ordered my iPhone 4S from AT&T the day they went live but I still haven't received a confirmation e-mail or update about the status. Am I the only one in this boat? Hopefully they can get everything situated. I called CS and they have it in their system but weren't able to give me any status updates.

2. The Doop macrumors member

Mine shows as processing. Placed the order at 6am EST and have only received the initial confirmation email. Not sweating it though...I'll get it when I get it.

3. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

If it makes you feel better, no one is getting any updates further than that their iPhones are "backordered" when they check the status online.

I did however receive a confirmation email saying that I should receive my phone by the 14th.

4. iphone4wanter macrumors member

Yes, same thing, but I ordered it over the phone. I got the email to accept the terms and conditions. I never received a confirmation. I can't check the order status with the order number, it gives me an error. I wish I could have ordered that iPhone with Apple, like my other two, instead.

I called AT&T yesterday and they said, no matter how you ordered, if you ordered before 5:00PM EST on Friday, you should get it on the 14th. Then again, she didn't seem very knowledgable about the situation.

5. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

I ordered by phone as well. I'm pretty sure I ordered before 5 PM EST as well. I'll be calling back tomorrow to see what's going on. Hope I don't get it 3 weeks late lol.

6. tivoboy macrumors 68030

nothing

Man, my AT&T order from over the phone at 07:30 PST on order day STILL doesn't show any status even tough.

A) My cc has been CHARGED the full amount
    B) I have received the "you MUST accept these T&C's before we proceed" which I already did.

I put in the order number on the status page and there is just nothing.

7. hadleydb macrumors 6502

hadleydb

I ordered one on Friday 3 am. I never received a confirmation email. I did however receive an update email that said my order was processed and sent to the warehouse for shipment or something.

8. Jnyce macrumors regular

i got 4 emails and then i checked online and saw this

[​IMG]

9. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

How long did it take you guys to get the terms and conditions e-mail? I still haven't gotten mine.

10. mark081990 macrumors member

lucky. AT&T picture right?

11. tivoboy macrumors 68030

6 hours

I got the T&C email 6 hours after order, but now that I call the support number they can't SEE the order, even though I have an order confirmation AND have been Charged! (in CA this is called CONVERSION and is illegal)

So, I have to call the "DND" department, which probably means CALL IN and they are of course closed

12. truthiness macrumors regular

I ordered via phone around 9am on Friday. Got terms and conditions via email while I was on phone with rep and hung up. Looked at T&C again and it had no data plan. Called back in, waited another 30 minutes and talked with rep who said not to worry, I said document my account stating my unlimited data remains intact and he said he did so. Accepted terms & conditions and got confirmation email around 7pm that night saying I'm in the 14-21 day group.

What sucks is I initially ordered via Apple and got the reservation email and the follow up email around 7am telling me to complete my transaction. When I did so, their system saw a PO Box as my delivery address and even after I called ATT to change my address, Apple's screen would not submit my completion request a 2nd time, said I'd have to go to retail store.

This is when I decided to go to ATT directly via phone. Total cluster.

Apple's order system should give you the option to view/edit shipping address, imho. Seems pretty simple.

13. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Do you have an AT&T account yet? Have you looked under "My Orders?"

(No, this isn't sarcasm... OP hasn't mentioned if he/she tried that yet, so I'm just checking).

14. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i ordered with a CSR over the phone on Friday at 10 am CST. i have not gotten an email and nothing comes up when i check my status. hopefully tomorrow will bring different news.