Anyone Regret iPad 2 Color Choice?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattydodgy, Mar 15, 2011.

1. mattydodgy macrumors member

mattydodgy

I'm getting an iPad (UK) on 25th March and I'm still indecisive with which colour to go for. The white is catching my eye, but some people are complaining that it is too much of an eye attention grabber (especially when it comes to watching movies).

My question is, are you happy with your choice of iPad?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ha ha, nice choice of words. Even your 'compliment' is pointing out the design flaw.

I think your brain has already decided on which color it wants. It's trying to tell you subconsciously.

3. mattydodgy thread starter macrumors member

mattydodgy

Hahaha I guess so. Damn subconscious!

I wouldn't mind a white, but I feel like I might regret my decision later.

Black just looks so sleek and professional, where as white screams Apple.

I STILL NEED HELP!

4. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

I considered getting white, just to change things up since I've always had black iphones/ipad.. but I had a feeling I would quickly regret it. The white (IMO) looks too much like a kindle or other e-book readers.. black is just very sleek and elegant.

I might go for a white iphone next time around, but I think on such a large device as the ipad, white isn't the right color for me.

5. leenak macrumors 68020

I got black after reading various previews and knowing what I wanted my iPad for. I was hoping to watch videos/movies as well as other things and black seemed better for those things. So I got black, love black but did check out white in the store the day after. I'm glad I got black.

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I have a Nook (Barnes and Noble's Kindle) that I got 2 Christmases ago. It's the same white that the iPad is. I find it to be very distracting when trying to read, especially in sunlight. I chose the black iPad for this reason; it would probably be worse when watching movies.

7. AJayAgliolio macrumors member

AJayAgliolio

Originally I wanted black, but the store only had white so I bought it and figured it would grow on me... Well, it's not growing on me yet, so I'm probably going to be taking it back later this week...

If you have any doubts about the white color I would go with black...

8. Evmanw macrumors regular

Evmanw

Got black, wish I had gotton white

EDIT: To be fair, I have not gotton mine yet, but I have seen the white and I love it

9. mathewr macrumors 6502

i looked at white ipad last night. and for the size of the ipad the black makes sense. the white screams too much. the white iphone i think makes more sense.

10. joefarrell86 macrumors member

I ended up buying the white iPad. After a few days of use, I can say I'm fully satisfied with my purchase. It looks very nice and the bezel isn't too much of a distraction. If you're watching movies in a dimly lit room, you can hardly see the bezel anyway.

I say, if you like white more than black, buy the white. I was flip flopping between the two models for the same reasons, but in the end, you're going to be happiest if you pick the color you like.

11. Alicia4065 macrumors regular

12. 26.2 macrumors member

Yes--absolutely. I just can't stand the shade of pink Apple is providing in their covers. In fact, I think it is starting to fade. Faulty.

13. Star-fire macrumors 6502

Have white and have no distraction using it, fine for me.

14. Ardency macrumors newbie

Ditto.

You're staring at the screen not the bezel. When you're looking for it yes, you're going to notice it. I have a black iPhone 4, if I stare at the bezel it is distracting.

I was flipping back and forth before buying it because of what everyone else said. My boyfriend put it into perspective. I used to have an iBook G4. It has been one of my favorite computers to use. It had a white bezel around it, and I used it perfectly fine. Apple has had plenty of white products and it hasn't been an issue.

You should go with what you want. If you like the white get the white. If you like the black get the black.

15. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I am not so sure about March 25th release anymore on other countries...

With 5-6 weeks back order on iPad in US, Apple needs to clean their masses in US, first.

Last year, they delayed international launch on other countries and if apple cannot meet the demands, they will have no choice, but to delay the orders.

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I think if I were watching a lot of video, etc. the black bezel would be preferable. If I'm mostly reading documents or whatnot, white is fine.

17. jb12345 macrumors newbie

this is a racist thread.

cant we celebrate our diversity rather than "regret our purchases"??

18. Eallan macrumors 6502

Bought the white. In the long run I might prefer the black however... still thinking and deciding.

19. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

20. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Love white

People whine about everything. A lot of black iPad owners discussing probs with white ones...seems off no?

21. mrt209 macrumors 6502

I'm also not sure if I should get the white or black one...

I'll mostly read ebooks, the news and occasionally watch movies on it.

Is the white border distracting when reading? Are there any other down-sides to the white color?

22. aberrero macrumors 6502a

Got white. A bit unsure about it. I'm probably taking it back for light leakage so I might exchange it for a black while I'm there.

23. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I went with the white iPad. After having the first gen iPad I am liking the white better than the black one so far.

24. manman macrumors regular

25. mrt209 macrumors 6502

Is it just me or does it seem like the White iPads have less problems with backlight bleeding? Or is it just because more ppl got the black ipad?