Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdamiano

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
NJ
I currently have an iPad 2. I'm dying to upgrade to something knew but have been debating on just getting the iPad Air 2 when it comes out, or getting rid of my 5s and iPad 2 all together for one 6 plus as my one device. Open to all opinions thank you!

Sparkeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Indiana
My 6+ is not replacing my mini. But if I didn't already have it, I would buy an iPad Air I think it depends on what you use your devices for.

Shasta McNasty

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Southern Cali
I have both an iPad Air and the 6+ so this is my experience. Although the 6+ has a really great big screen and such it is not an iPad replacement. There's nothing like reading, surfing the internet, and playing games on the iPad. Especially when you are at home and on the couch. I still take my iPad with me to places like my work and when I'm on the go, along with the 6+. So in my opinion and everyday use, the + is not an iPad replacement whatsoever.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
6 Plus screen is nice but using it for an extended period of time at home is not so great in my experience. Coming from using a miniR, the 6 Plus screen feels small after awhile when lying in bed or on the couch.

So no, the 6 Plus isn't an iPad replacement IMO.

Reactions: Vivian125

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I have a feeling a lot of people are using the 6+ instead of an iPad Mini, which is likely why Apple is going to release a 12 inch iPad soon. The Air will be the new "Mini".

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I have the 6+ and rMini. I find myself using the iPad alot less now. Just prefer to use my 6+. Just sucks that all the apps aren't updated to the screen yet.

SluGuru

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2013
I have an iPad 4 and iPhone 6 Plus. I am hoping to upgrade to the iPad Pro 13" when it actually comes out partly because of the 6+ screen but if I find it too large or without the feature set I want I will be happy to still upgrade to the iPad Air 2 or 3 or whatever it's called by then.

Blaze3555

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I'm actually in the process of selling my iPad 4, I was already thinking of selling it before I got my 6+ I haven't touched my iPad since I got it. Thus any one know where the best place to sell an iPad besides CL or eBay. The 6+ not a complete iPad replacement but it comes close.

jbmacfan

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2008
A month ago I owned an iPhone 5s and an iPad Air. Today I own an iPhone 6 and a non contract iPhone 6 Plus and already sold the 5s and Air. I feel the 6 Plus is perfect for traveling and gaming. I also got it for testing at work because I want to update the design of our app to take advantage of the new landscape view on 6 Plus.

jurob

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
I have my iPad and the iPhone 6+......

When I am at home I am on my iPad. There is no way a 5.5" screen could ever replace my iPad!

CBR900RR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2008
Middle of Pacific
I currently have an iPad 2. I'm dying to upgrade to something knew but have been debating on just getting the iPad Air 2 when it comes out, or getting rid of my 5s and iPad 2 all together for one 6 plus as my one device. Open to all opinions thank you!

I have the same device like yours, ipad2 goes to my 2 boys and 5S goes to my wife, I am using only the 64G 6 plus.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I was thinking of buying an iPad mini and stick with my iPhone 5 because of the 5's screen size. Now I bought an iPhone 6 so I'm not sure I'll buy a mini since I'm not going to take it with me all the time, maybe an iPad Air will be a better choice since I'll use it at home.

slpslee1

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
No, but I don't plan to carry my iPad around with me now. The phone seems to be even more versatile than I expected. I spend a lot of time in my car waiting to pick up my grandson, and I can easily use the 6+ to pass the time reading or surfing, checking e-mail... whatever, without squinting into the smaller screen of my iPhone 5.

Tobias Funke

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2012
My 6+ had replaced my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2.

I now only use the one device and I am very happy.

Just a shame I can't play some games I have that are iPad only!

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I got a iPhone 6 regular and now I'm thinking maybe I should get the 6+ and sell my iPad air but the 6+ is Not pocketable and I do like my iPad Air..

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
I have a 6 and an iPad 3. While I don't have a Plus, I cant even imagine giving up my iPad completely. In fact I want a new iPad. In my opinion a phone could never give the same experience at home in bed or couch as an iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.