Anyone replace iPad with iPhone 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdamiano, Sep 30, 2014.

1. jdamiano macrumors member

I currently have an iPad 2. I'm dying to upgrade to something knew but have been debating on just getting the iPad Air 2 when it comes out, or getting rid of my 5s and iPad 2 all together for one 6 plus as my one device. Open to all opinions thank you!

2. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

I'm hoping to replace the iPad with a regular 6

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I've replaced my iPad Mini Retina for an iPhone 6 Plus.

4. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

My 6+ is not replacing my mini. But if I didn't already have it, I would buy an iPad Air I think it depends on what you use your devices for.

5. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I have both an iPad Air and the 6+ so this is my experience. Although the 6+ has a really great big screen and such it is not an iPad replacement. There's nothing like reading, surfing the internet, and playing games on the iPad. Especially when you are at home and on the couch. I still take my iPad with me to places like my work and when I'm on the go, along with the 6+. So in my opinion and everyday use, the + is not an iPad replacement whatsoever.

6. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

6 Plus screen is nice but using it for an extended period of time at home is not so great in my experience. Coming from using a miniR, the 6 Plus screen feels small after awhile when lying in bed or on the couch.

So no, the 6 Plus isn't an iPad replacement IMO.

7. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I have a feeling a lot of people are using the 6+ instead of an iPad Mini, which is likely why Apple is going to release a 12 inch iPad soon. The Air will be the new "Mini".

8. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Sold my iPad Air. Bought a 6+.

Sold my 5s and bought another iPad Air.:D

9. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I have the 6+ and rMini. I find myself using the iPad alot less now. Just prefer to use my 6+. Just sucks that all the apps aren't updated to the screen yet.

10. SluGuru macrumors regular

I have an iPad 4 and iPhone 6 Plus. I am hoping to upgrade to the iPad Pro 13" when it actually comes out partly because of the 6+ screen but if I find it too large or without the feature set I want I will be happy to still upgrade to the iPad Air 2 or 3 or whatever it's called by then.

11. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

Why another? Was it a different color or capacity?

12. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

Probably because he realized the 6+ wasn't really an iPad replacement?

13. Blaze3555 macrumors member

Blaze3555

I'm actually in the process of selling my iPad 4, I was already thinking of selling it before I got my 6+ I haven't touched my iPad since I got it. Thus any one know where the best place to sell an iPad besides CL or eBay. The 6+ not a complete iPad replacement but it comes close.

14. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

15. jbmacfan macrumors member

A month ago I owned an iPhone 5s and an iPad Air. Today I own an iPhone 6 and a non contract iPhone 6 Plus and already sold the 5s and Air. I feel the 6 Plus is perfect for traveling and gaming. I also got it for testing at work because I want to update the design of our app to take advantage of the new landscape view on 6 Plus.

16. jurob macrumors newbie

I have my iPad and the iPhone 6+......

When I am at home I am on my iPad. There is no way a 5.5" screen could ever replace my iPad!

17. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

I have the same device like yours, ipad2 goes to my 2 boys and 5S goes to my wife, I am using only the 64G 6 plus.

18. urda Suspended

urda

In the process of selling my Retina Mini on eBay in preparation for the next line of iPads!

19. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I was thinking of buying an iPad mini and stick with my iPhone 5 because of the 5's screen size. Now I bought an iPhone 6 so I'm not sure I'll buy a mini since I'm not going to take it with me all the time, maybe an iPad Air will be a better choice since I'll use it at home.

20. slpslee1 macrumors member

No, but I don't plan to carry my iPad around with me now. The phone seems to be even more versatile than I expected. I spend a lot of time in my car waiting to pick up my grandson, and I can easily use the 6+ to pass the time reading or surfing, checking e-mail... whatever, without squinting into the smaller screen of my iPhone 5.

21. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

If the 6+ could run iPad apps it would replace my rMini but it doesn't so I'll keep both, well that is if my 6+ ever ships :mad:.

22. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

My 6+ had replaced my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2.

I now only use the one device and I am very happy.

Just a shame I can't play some games I have that are iPad only!

23. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I got a iPhone 6 regular and now I'm thinking maybe I should get the 6+ and sell my iPad air but the 6+ is Not pocketable and I do like my iPad Air..

24. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I have a 6 and an iPad 3. While I don't have a Plus, I cant even imagine giving up my iPad completely. In fact I want a new iPad. In my opinion a phone could never give the same experience at home in bed or couch as an iPad.