Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I replaced a retail box phone with a dent, multiple white box replacements all seem to have interlacing screen artifacts. Could not be more disappointed with apple and this product.

Same. The first one was perfect except for a piece of dust under the screen, but my 2 subsequent white box replacements both had interlaced screens and ironically my current one has a dead/hot pixel in the same spot as the dust on my first one.

I called Apple care and they said to keep going to Apple Stores to try while Apple Stores say they can only open 2 boxes for me and told me to call Applecare... :mad:

katmeef

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
Same. The first one was perfect except for a piece of dust under the screen, but my 2 subsequent white box replacements both had interlaced screens and ironically my current one has a dead/hot pixel in the same spot as the dust on my first one.

I called Apple care and they said to keep going to Apple Stores to try while Apple Stores say they can only open 2 boxes for me and told me to call Applecare... :mad:

The store is getting sick of me as well... I think I'm going to live with it for a month and try another white box then, hopefully that batch is better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.