Anyone saying pass to the iP5, and getting a ip4 now rather than wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikegaudiello, Sep 16, 2011.

1. mikegaudiello macrumors newbie

Pretty much what it says on the tin. I want a new iPhone, and I'm gonna wind up waiting. That said, I wanna know if there's anyone who doesn't care about the small remaining wait and decided to go with an iPhone 4 now rather than the new one or ones whenever they come out. Anyone here bought an iPhone 4 in August or even September 11?

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

If you need an iPhone now, then get one. If you can wait, then wait. It will be worth it. Especially if you are coming from a 3G/3GS.

3. mikegaudiello thread starter macrumors newbie

Just curious if anyone else already DID get one, there's no way I'd get one now.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

If you want the 4 just wait and the price will go down

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I considered it for a long time, but eventually I decided to wait it out since my current phone is at least functioning fine currently. But as soon as the iPhone 5 drops, I'm picking it up (assuming I like what's released).

6. jcb19 macrumors member

I've been due an upgrade over two years now, but had been holding out for Verizon to get the iPhone. Another family member had a dire phone situation so for her birthday we chipped in and got the iPhone4 on my upgrade for her, pushing back my date to 10/14. I'll be waiting for iPhone5, after all, I've waited this long, but imagine, I am coming from a MOTOROLA Q9C! I imagine iPhone4 would have been the world's greatest update for me, forget the iPhone5!

7. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I've already waited over a year for it... how's a couple of more weeks going to hurt? :)

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I came from a Treo 755p... It was a huge jump!

I got my 4 in July on Verizon. I was trying to wait, but my phone situation had become horrid. I had to pull the battery out multiple times a day to get it working.

I don't regret it and I needed a phone, and if I want the 5 I will buy it outright, but odds are I will hold off for the 6 next year.

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I'll wait for a case line up. I use the Griffin Survivor during the week for work and then Friday afternoon to Monday morning I use an Otterbox Commuter. So I'll wait.

10. LoganT macrumors 68020

No one needs an iPhone. If you can't wait for the iPhone 5 and buy the iPhone 4, just admit that you are impatient.

11. aohus macrumors 68000

heck no im getting that iP5 no matter what it takes.

12. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Not being cocky, just curious...What does this have to do with waiting for the iPhone 5? You'd base your phone purchase decision on whether or not a specific case was available?

And those cases...Those horrid cases...I can see people using the survivor if they work in a dusty, wet, dirty or rough enviornment (basically somewhere that if you didn't have the case, the phone would be ruined). But an Otterbox for the casual weekend? They are such UGLY bricks. They are just about the most terrible looking cases...Practical?..Yes. But ONLY if circumstances require the extra protection. Cool looking hanging on your belt...NO WAY. They just take away every ounce of beauty and feel. And what you're left with is a big ugly brick of plastic with a clear plastic window over the touch screen.

Just my opinion BTW. I use a black incase slide and I really like it's low profile and rubberized surface. I'd rather go naked but I like to keep my phones nice. And for being such a thin, lo-profile case, it survived more then a few fumbles.

I just can't understand how people can encase their phones in any of those big, thick, Otterbox type cases for leisure, everyday type use.

Desert in Afghanistan - YES

Dessert at Applebees- NO

13. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

14. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Patience..you don't want to do anything you might regret.

15. MustangJoe macrumors member

Was seriously considering of getting the iPhone 4 over the 5 last week because I'm still on a basic phone. I decided that I'm just gonna wait because I know if I get a 4 I'm going to be mad or regret it when the 5 comes out. If there is nothing announced by the middle of October I will most likely go to Android and get the Droid Prime.

16. nzlucas macrumors member

Waiting for the 5, if there is not enough killer features than I will just go for a 4 (or nearest) at the new lower price. Apple tend to release more meaningfull features with the software updates so a 4 will still run iOS 5 so will still get most of the new features.

IMO with the new pairing of iPad and iPhone I don't think having an overpowered phone is that necessary, as most the heavier stuff will be done the iPad. My usage definitely changed.

17. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

Still get the iPhone 4 if you want. Just wait a little longer. Why would you want to get ripped off $100 so bad? :(

18. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I'm passing with a great sense of satisfaction.

It will be fun to sit back and read about all the inevitable complaints and bugs, without having to experience them first hand, like I did with the mythical, highly denied, yet very real Antennagate. That and the repeated faulty home buttons I've experienced.

At least the home button failures have kept me in fresh new iPhone 4s every few months. Inconvenient, yet free.

I am however eager for the official iPhone 5 announcement from Apple. That will signal the beginning of the wait for iPhone 6. A wait that I will not mind one bit, especially since early indications are it will be a serious advancement over the current state of things.

By that time the Android platform will be even better and Apple will _have_ to ramp up both quality and performance of the iPhone 6.

19. Merkie macrumors 68020

Why are you mentioning the 3G and 3GS as if they're almost the same? They're worlds apart. The 3GS and 4 are far more similar.

20. aluren macrumors 65816

The ones that did get an iPhone 4 now probably doesn't go to this forum.

21. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

You keep telling urself that. Lol! Must not be upgrade eligible, huh? Fortunately, "antennagate" was good for Apple. I think the old saying "what doesn't kill you only makes u stronger" applies here. U just sit back and wait for iPhone "6". Just makes one more "5" available for me:D

22. NJFP macrumors 6502

Was trying to hold out for the 5 but had to get a 4. I was leaving BB Bold because it was just too buggy. Tried to wait, but hardware dictated my move now. Don't regret it at all, love my iP4!!

23. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I'll watch this opinion changed when the iPhone 5 is announced