anyone see the wolverine movie that was leaked

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lakaiordie, Apr 11, 2009.

1. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Nah, i'll wait to see it in the cinema, call me old fashioned but i love seeing movies in a cinema (except of course the endless adverts before the feature).

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i was going to get it until somebody told me that there are CGI effects that are completely unfinished (wireframe like etc). im just gonna wait a month or so, im poor enough as is haha.

4. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Yes, there are quite a few unfinished effects and they are noticable. On the other hand, I never felt that they distracted me enough for me to not be into it. All of the effects that are important to the story telling are quite finished.

My opinion on it is that its quite &^%ing awesome! I'm totally going to take my nephews to go see this. I won't say anything about the story because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Imdb say its 1:47 and the leaked version is the same length - it took me well over two hours to watch because I kept going back to watch scenes over again, particularly near the beginning.

The only things I wish they would have done is had an IMAX release, like The Watchmen.

5. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

No, I'd rather watch it 100% finished and in good quality at a theatre (plus, I'm running out of hard drive space :p).

6. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Why would you want to see a movie like Wolvie without the special effects added?

That just sounds stupid.

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

You mean... has anyone illegally stolen the movie and watched it?

I'll see it at the theater.

8. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

That would be stupid, but as I said a few posts ago, most of the special effects are complete. There's a few CGI shots that aren't but they're mostly non-essential aspects.

9. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

oh whatever.

any way.

i don't think it's worth watching a movie when it isn't finished yet - especially if i see it later.

and if i plan to download it (VIA ITUNES) i don't want 2 save files taking up space. just doesn't make sense to me! :)

10. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Trailer doesn't really interest me. When the special effects get more screen-time than the supporting cast, they don't really seem all that special anymore.

11. thisonechance macrumors regular

I couldn't resist watching it. Without going into much detail I must say that I found it to be quite enjoyable.

I think the editing leaves something to be desired, but it could just be that it was a work print.

I am excited to see it in a proper theater (probably more than once) when it is officially released.

12. mikeinternet macrumors 6502a

mikeinternet

I thought it was pretty good. And I didn't like any of the other xmen movies.

None of the missing effects distracted me all that much. In fact I found it a little interesting to see how things progress.

13. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

I watched it and the effects that are missing are not essential to the story [maybe a total of 3-4 scenes]. I plan on seeing it opening weekend and also plan on getting the Blu Ray. The work print just confirmed for me that I want to see it that much more. The studio et al will still get their fair share from me. :rolleyes:

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Doesn't matter how awesome it is, I won't see it because it is a pirated movie.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Pirate says okay quality= terrible quality.

I gave up on that stuff a long time ago, back when I couldn't wait to see a film (before they were out here).

16. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Just watched it at the movie theater (yay $10 ticket). It was good, but not as good as I hoped. They should have simplified it and focused more on Wolverine instead of all the other characters. IMO Spiderman still has the best plot - they should have learned from that. But I will still see it again, and probably buy it on Blu-ray once it comes out ;)

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I watched it at the cinema on Wednesday. Thought the film was rather good too, just a well-made balls out action film.

18. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i just saw it! i held my finger from clicking download and went and watched it. thought it was awsome!!

the CGI's were AMAZING for 95% of the movie, however a lot were well below par (e.g. the first time he gets his metal claw things (dont remember the name for the alloy lol!)) - other then those few hiccups it was amazing.

19. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

I caught it at the big screen. I must say that while its a highly enjoyable movie, somehow, deep inside me, secretly, I do feel a little bit let down.

It does seem that Wolverine lacks that extra edge of machoism that stems from his obnoxious pride at being such a skilled exponent. In the movie, he seems, emo, even? That seems to take quite a bit of the Superhero factor away from him, making him seem even, ordinary. It's like, you wish he was just that bit more suave (in body language, not looks) in comparison with the other mutants.

But all in all, highly charged movie, great effects, possibly just a little bit draggy in the storyline. Awesome!

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I know exactly what you mean, even nudged my friends mouthing "that looks s**t!", heh. But other than that the effects look quite good.
    Didn't understand why that teleporting chap didn't just leave Sabertooth. They've worked together for years but he didn't know he was near indestructable?

21. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i did the same thing, i was gobsmacked at how bad it looked!..

id love to teleport SO bad.. it would be awsome.

22. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i plan on seeing it at the theater later today

23. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I'm going to skip it. Too much of a Deadpool fan.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It was pretty good. Bad things happen to Deadpool though. Ryan Reynolds is awesome, however.

25. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Yeah, if you like Deadpool I'd skip too. Totally changed his character.