Anyone so glad they are off the S cycle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kendo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

My first iPhone was the 3GS and then I got the 4S 2 years later. I skipped the 5S when it was time to upgrade and bought a used 5 which I am using at the moment. I stuck with it for over a year and now I'm finally on the non-S upgrade cycle and couldn't be happier. I will never go back to the S cycles!

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

3. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

Is there something you perceive as a problem with the "S cycles" over the "non-s cycles?"

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

and next year will come and you'll wish you were

im not on any cycle. i am using a 4s and think ill use it until apple drops iOS support for it

5. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

After the 3GS, att allowed everyone to upgrade early so I got the 4, then 5 and now 6. I didn't really care for the S models or at least when I had the 4 and 5, saw no reason to pay my ETF and upgrade.

6. apple.snapple macrumors regular

7. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Nope. I prefer the S cycle. It's an improved version of the device. Better specs, screen, battery.

8. Kendo thread starter macrumors 68000

But isn't the non-S cycle an improved version of the S device? Better specs, screen, battery, along with new design?

9. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

Then there are those of us on even non-S cycles...

My first was the 3G, then the 4. The 4 has done me very well, but diminishing battery life and the envy of my wife's 5S has pushed me into a 6 Plus. Hope this one lasts me as long as my 4 did.

10. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

When I purchased the 4S, I regretted not being on the non-S cycle. Now I am about to buy iPhone 6 and I kind of wish it was the S cycle, since the non-S is usually mostly about design and not so much about specs and there are lot of new problems too, which are later solved in the S version...

11. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

Yep. What he said is what all the S cycle losers say :eek:

12. tyler928 macrumors member

Nice, I also went 3G to 4, and now onto the 6 plus!:)

13. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Yes, valid points for being on the S cycle but most people like living on the cutting edge and having the new designs right away.

I jumped in with the 5 since I said I would wait for a larger screen before I got an iPhone and had no regrets when the 5S came out with touch ID. Just hope there's no major glitches with the 6 models. Fingers crossed :p

14. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

But isn't the S cycle the improved version of the non S cycle that was an improved version of the S cycle before it?

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I just told my sister this. I'm on the S cycle and planning on upgrading next month and I will be done w/ the S cycle.

16. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

It takes another year for you to get the new design...

17. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Yeah, that and also when Apple drops the "i" front of stuff. That's getting worn out.

18. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

I'm about to buy a 4S new for under 300, get a 15-30 dollar plan and use it for the next few years. Latest and greatest is overrated. :cool:

19. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Well, every year is an improved version...

20. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Better than my girlfriend's menstrual cycle, trust me.

21. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

I'm on the "every single year in September I'm due for an upgrade cycle"

That's right... every year, this time of year, my line or my wife's line is due. She doesn't care about the latest and greatest so I get first dibs if I want it.

My last "S" model was the 4s and I loved it. I then got the 5 and skipped the 5s since I thought the features of the 5s would benefit my wife more than me.

Either way, who cares what cycle you're on? Get the device that meets your needs and allows you to sleep at night!

22. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Anyone so glad they are off the S cycle?

Never was on it.

3G for 3G
    4 for retina
    5 for LTE
    6 for nfc payment

The non-S always has the best upgrades.

23. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

The S cycle is so dumb imo. I hated when I was on it. Luckily I officially swapped upgrade dates with my dad with the iPhone 6, but I just think overall having an "S" product every other year is stupid and can't believe people actually upgrade every year for it. I didn't even blink when the 5S came out while I still had my 5.

24. phreebsd macrumors regular

i'm on both cycles. multiple lines that expire just at the right time allow me to upgrade every single year.

25. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I had a 3GS and then I got a 4S, but then I got a 5 because I didn't want to be in the S cycle anymore.

My only reason is I wanted the newer physical designs. When you're using the S upgrades people who bought the 4, 5 and 6 get a new design and you're stuck with the older dated design.

That was my reasoning for switching and I didn't get the 5S, I wanted touch ID but I knew it would be included on the iPhone 6 so I was willing to wait for the new outward design.

I look forward to the iPhone 7 in two years, I'll 100% be skipping the 6S like I did the 5S.