Anyone still stock???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by llfloyd79, Sep 4, 2011.

1. llfloyd79 macrumors regular

llfloyd79

I was curious to see who is still rocking the stock IOS or has everyone gone to iOS 5 Beta or JB?

2. Mahshall macrumors member

Jailbroken IOS 4.3.3 on my 16 GB launchday iPhone 4.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Stock here
    Never jailbroken and will wait for the release and not the Beta

4. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

JB'ed right away when I got my iPhone4, but didn't JB my iPad2. Went back to stock on iPhone as soon as I heard about iOS5. Am waiting to see how that stacks up against being JB... If iOS5 is the huge improvement everyone expects, I'll stay stock. If not, JB here I come!!! And maybe even for the iPad2. Love the flex and improved capabilities when JB. Don't understand why the stock iOS is so confining.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

6. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Why? Have you never tried BiteSMS or Quick Reply?

7. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Stock. Running the latest beta, lOve it!

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I keep my iPhones stock. If I want to do some mods it's more fun, with more choices on the Android platform. Just my preferences.

The tiny iP4 screen is just too small.

Besides if you do the math, the 4.3" Screens that are so popular with Android makers provide a perfect 16:9 ratio for widescreen movies.

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I was cautious of jailbreaking my iPhone 4 as I used it as a primary, and had 2 3Gs that I could mod to my heart's content, but then I got using BiteSMS on the 3Gs and when I switched back over to my 4, I knew I needed it. Jailbroke 4.3.3 with Redsn0w, and all I have installed is BiteSMS and SBSettings. Never looked back.

10. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

As soon as the next iPod touch is released, I will jailbreak immediately or until an untethered iOS5 is released.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same with me. My iPhone meets all of my needs without jailbreaking.

12. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

Me as well. I did jailbreak my old iPhone 3G a few years back but it didn't offer me enough extra benefits to bother on my new handsets.

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Ditto. I've never had the urge to remove 80% of the security and mod my primary (and sometimes on-call) phone. I understand that people do this and are quite happy with the results but I tinker with other things.

14. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Two iPhone 4's and two iPad 1's in the house. Both my phone and iPad are JB'd, both of my husband's are stock.

Security is only an issue for those stupid enough not to read and follow directions to protect themselves, or who download pirated apps. Both categories pretty much deserve what they get, in my opinion. The rest of us seem to manage not to get in trouble with our devices JB'd for years on end.

If I had to go stock, I'd buy an Android instead. There are WAY too many things Apple apparently can't be bothered to implement, and too many arbitrary limitations they impose on my ability to use my phone--like their ridiculous "12 items per folder" limit. iOS 5 adds absolutely nothing useful to me, so I won't be upgrading until an untethered JB is available.

Beta software, on the other hand--no thanks. Been there, done that. I was in the industry for 20 years, and had to beta everything under the sun. My JB'd phone is stable, I'm not voluntarily adding buggy software to it!

My husband, on the other hand, is mostly happy with his fully stock devices and up to date firmware...until he sees some cool feature on mine. He's sure to add iOS 5 the day it comes out officially. He likes his stock phone, and that's totally fine by me.

15. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

stock
    i've tried both jailbreaking and iOS beta but stock works well for what it is. I dont' like JB and beta was buggy.

16. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

I jail broke my phone for 2 things that I can't get as stock - sbsettings and more importantly sbscheduler - to turn down ringer volume when I'm at work, automatically

17. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Jail broken

JB'd d and will continue to do u til IOS provides similar functionality..

18. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'm still stock. I don't really see anything jailbreaking could offer me.

19. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Same here. I've always ran stock OS on my iPhone. Never jailbroken any of the models.

20. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Every time I JB'd I noticed slow down after some time. Always end up going back to stock.

21. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I was using the jailbroken beta until I had my phone replaced after it got destroyed (for $249). I know use the stock OS as I'm happy just to have a working iPhone.

22. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Jailbroken but will try iOS5 once it comes out. If jailbreaking becomes more difficult in the future, I will give android a try as stock iOS doesn't provide everything I need.

23. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Tried iOS5, went back to stock 4.3.5. I haven't really been interested in jailbreaking for some time since most the features I wanted are available in iOS5 by default.

24. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

original iPhone, 3GS and now iPhone 4 all stock. never had the urge (or balls) to JB.

25. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

I'm jailbroken.. Btw I think it would help if this thread had a Poll