iPhone XR Anyone swap their XR colour?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aneres11, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Aneres11 macrumors 68020

Aneres11

So it’s been a few days now since the XR was released!
    Wondering if anyone who preordered without seeing has ended up changing their mind for a different colour?
    I went with yellow, which I LOVE but I keep thinking about the blue.

I was going to go and check it out at the  store but I think if anything that could just be one big recipe for disaster!!

Anyone disappointed with their original choice and swapped out?

2. OTACORB macrumors 68000

OTACORB

I went with Black... I guess I am conservative in that way... But I really wish I had gone with the Blue or White. Oh well, it's too much trouble to drive 2 hours to the Apple store to swap it out. The reality is I just ordered a nice leather case for it so you won't see the color anyway.. My screen is perfect as for as I am concerned and my luck I'd get a crappy one if there is such a thing on the Xr. :)

3. Aneres11 thread starter macrumors 68020

Aneres11

I really do love this yellow colour but I’m worried about longer term use and whether I’d get bored with it.
    I like the white too really but the blue seems like it’s a bit more suited to me now I’ve had this yellow for a few days.

I’m not disappointed in the colour of the yellow, I think it’s the perfect shade, just starting to doubt haha.

4. Kristine macrumors 6502a

I went with red - which looks awesome. Kind of wished I’d picked white, but my XR is perfect so I can’t really justify returning it just to swap the colour.

5. Aneres11 thread starter macrumors 68020

Aneres11

Hmm I’ve seen a few other people say they wish they’d gone for white over what they ordered.
    Interesting!

6. OTACORB macrumors 68000

OTACORB

That was my concern with going with the colors is that I'd get bored with it pretty quickly... the novelty wears off and/or you end up with the case on it anyway. I did try the clear cases, but they show fingerprints so bad and I just didn't care for it. I guess in the end the black was the best option for me. That white though is sexy! LOL

I hear you on the white and I too would be concerned I'd get a phone that isn't a great as the one I already have. :)

7. Mackinjosh Suspended

8. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

9. doboy macrumors 68020

Had red 7+ so went with yellow XR and no turning back :)

10. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

I went with white and I love it! Of course it’s because of my OCD tendencies and the need to have the silver aluminum trim to match my watch. ;-p

Of course it’s in a Loopy case anyway, but the case is white with silver/gray marbling so it is perfect!

Now I’ll just have to add a new iPad to the mix since my current one is gold. Not sure why I ever did that - I ALWAYS get silver everything.

11. jabbok macrumors member

I picked up the red one at BestBuy on launch day I wanted the white but they didn't have the 128 gb to sell outright on launch day so I have another week to keep the red. I had a clear case for the red one didn't look very good and so many fingerprints on it so I got a black case for it and it looks nice as the red still shows through on the top, bottom and the buttons so I may end up keeping the red.

12. gurase macrumors 6502

I got red, and after seeing some videos I was almost wishing I picked coral. The red has grown on me again though, and keeps looking better and better.

13. OTACORB macrumors 68000

OTACORB

I think most of us went crazy for the gold at one point or another, but my thing with gold was over very quickly. I think the gold on Xs and Max is just so unattractive, but hey to each their own! :) Those new iPad Pro's sure look sweet! (Face ID and all)

14. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I feel like we’re going Pokémon colors

Same experience by the end of the day, with some minor adjustments that pull people different ways ;)

Blue Red Yellow Omega Red (coral), Black, White,

Idk

I’m def on that OG Blastoise train

15. zea mays macrumors 6502a

zea mays

I went with coral and love it! I saw all the colors when I went to pick mine up and was very pleased with my choice!

16. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

Ever since the 5 I’ve wanted a blue iPhone. I had the 5 when the 5c came out so I wasn’t buying the same phone again.

Soon as I saw the blue I loved it. Went to the apple shop to look and decided in seconds I wanted it. I love it.

17. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

XR will be a sleeper hit

18. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

The white looks really good in person. Reminds me of the white 3G & 4. Clean.

19. doboy macrumors 68020

White does look good, but not as nice as the white on the XS. I was definitely torn between yellow and white.

20. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

Honestly I genuinely love the thing. My first iPhone was a 3G when they announced the 4 I was blown away. I loved that thing. The 5/6/7/8 didn’t really impress me. I enjoyed owning them yes but I wasn’t anywhere near blown away.

The Xr has done the same for me as the 4. I am enjoying everything about it.

21. tl01 macrumors 68020

22. Otflyer macrumors 6502a

Otflyer

23. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

Do none of you use cases? Boy is Apple repair going to love you guys!

24. doboy macrumors 68020

Have you heard of clear cases. Lol

25. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

That defeats the purpose. It still looks like it takes away from the color popping and is glossy. But hey, you like what you like