Anyone talk to AT&T store that will have 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphoneness, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Long story short, my preorder got cancelled. My work schedule happened to get switched around this week so I will be able to wait in line.

I called a couple local AT&T stores and all they will tell me is "we won't know until Friday." Has anyone here actually talked to an AT&T store that has said they will have 6+ supply on the 19th?

2. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I would imagine all stores won't know there stock count until late Thursday.

3. xoutrageousx macrumors member

AT&T stores will definitely have 6+ in hand, but you better line up early.

4. Iphoneness thread starter macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Awesome. Yeah, hopefully I can get there by midnight

5. xoutrageousx macrumors member

Hey man, the earlier the better. The demand for this device is out of this world, so if you can earlier than that. Do it. Good luck.

6. lilmitchmitch, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

You can usually find someone that has worked there for a while and ask them what kind of inventory they received for last year's launch and gauge it that way.

7. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

That may be too late. Since there are lots of carrier stores typically inventory is pretty thin since they need to spread it around.

8. Iphoneness thread starter macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

I'm hoping being in the boonies of NC will work to my advantage; maybe less people that even know about the phone? I've only been here a couple months so far(military), but it doesn't seem to be the most affluent of all areas, if you catch my drift. Gonna head over straight after work, earliest will be 2300 hours. Hoping for the best!

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I wouldn't count on it. Even if they do, they are likely to have very few.

10. Iphoneness thread starter macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

That's what I'm thinking. Like maybe 5 or less. For my area at least.

11. redsoxguy676 macrumors regular

What do you guys think the stocks of the regular 6 will look like since it seems like a majority of the masses is talking about the 6+

12. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I went into an AT&T store and chatted with a nice employee. He candidly told me they can't be sure they'll have ANY Plus models because of the demand and the Apple Store was a safer bet.

13. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

I did. I asked if they would have any day one 6+'s.

What he said next made me walk right out of the store.

He said, "I don't think we are gonna have a lot of those, we might have 1 or 2. As a matter of fact, you may want to be here 8pm the night before release -- just in case"

Just in case?!..I said, wtf? And walked out. Placed an order on apple website, and await October 13-20th for arrival.

14. MegLuvsMacs macrumors member

Being in the boonies wasn't good for the 5S launch. I live in rural WV and our local AT&T store only received 2 x 64 GB iPhone 5S's in slate grey only. And only a hand full of the other variations. I tend to think they send the smaller store less :-(

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Offcourse.
    It makes perfect sense.
    The higher the sales a store makes the more units they will obviously get.
    And I know even busy AT&T stores dont get many at all.
    The iphone 6 Plus will be like a unicorn for a little while I think.

16. koolzero macrumors regular

I live in a pretty upscale area with an AT&T very close by and I was thinking of trying them for a plus. I called the store today just to ask if when they open and how many they may get but he didn't have any idea. I should have asked if they thought they may get any plus models but he probably wouldn't know that either. There is an apple store here only issue my phone isn't eligible for an upgrade but my 2 other lines are so only AT&t said they can do the deal.

17. modernmoments macrumors member

Mine said they would definitely have some stock, although he doesn't expect more than 30 tops (keep in mind that's for three sizes and three colors).

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All stores will tell you the same thing that they don't know. Because they do not know and they don't tell them ahead.
    Also you can do the upgrade swap at the apple store. AT&T probably told you only they can do the deal so they can get the upgrade credit for their store.
    Its false. Apple does upgrade swaps in store with no probs.
    Only thing you need to do is take the sim out from your iphone and stick it in the new iphone. And vise versa.
    Nothing special really needs to be done anyway. Its the beauty of GSM tech.

19. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

That might be optimistic :)

20. Liisa01 macrumors member

Liisa01

Ha! I'm stationed at fort Bragg and travel all over for the previous launches and they sell out just like a major city, as a matter of fact Crabtree is the worst, for the 4 I arrived at 5am and was number 50+ in line!

21. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I think you should go at 11pm instead.:D

----------

The one plus from the past 2 releases is that the stores get shipments every day after release. Whether the get 6+s every day is another story.

22. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Last and first time I ever waited at an ATT store was for the 3GS when Apple was the sole provider of iPhone.

During that launch, they didn't have great opening stock but had some phones delivered early afternoon on the same day.

If you get there early, the way it worked then was they knew what their stock was, and went outside an hour before the store opened and started asking people in line exactly what phone they wanted. They also used a handheld device to check your eligibility with each "demand". If they didn't have the exact phone you wanted in stock, they let you know on the spot. This way, you may have had time to go wait in line at the Apple store to get a launch day phone.

Now, of course, there are more carriers that supply the phone which may hurt your chances even more than it did when ATT was the sole provider, so I honestly think lining up at Apple Store is the only way you will get a +. Or line up outside ATT. NOW!

23. koolzero macrumors regular

Well, it's a little different than a straight upgrade. I want to use an upgrade eligible phone on my account to upgrade my line. The upgrade eligible line isn't connected to a smart phone (it doesn't have a data plan). If I use that line at Apple I wonder if they may have to sign it up with a data plan.

24. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I had a very similar conversation with an AT&T store rep here too. He basically told me that he didn't expect to have any 128GB Plus models.

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I stopped into an ATT store over in Oneonta (NY) yesterday since I'd had to drive all the way over there for some other errand, and the sales person said 1) they would have some stock in hand on launch day, 2) no clue how much of which model, color, size and 3) since it's a town with two colleges, she expected there could be a line for whatever inventory they get.