Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohsnaphappy

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Sold my 6+ Gold 16Gb on Amazon for $495 in like one hour. I net $460 or something like that, after fees.

Antr7

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Just went to another Verizon store and they gave me credit for both phones that I can use to pay my bill without having to mail them in

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
Probably a debit card that you can use towards purchases or towards your bill. Start up a char with an online rep; they're less pushy and more knowledgeable in my experience than in-store reps.

I chatted with one of the reps online several days ago. It was quite a frustrating conversation. The replies were very slow, and never clearly answered my questions. I got the distinct impression that the person with whom i was chatting did not have the ability to actually type the answers his/her self, but was selecting from a list of generic replies to copy paste into the box. And while i was typing a follow up question, the person quickly said to have an nice day and left the conversation. Was not helpful at all. And as an aside, i had went to online chat in response to an article i saw saying there was a $400 credit. Now i only see $300 promotion... so not sure if the original article was an error. But i did mention $400 in my chat conversation and the person never corrected me.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I chatted with one of the reps online several days ago. It was quite a frustrating conversation. The replies were very slow, and never clearly answered my questions. I got the distinct impression that the person with whom i was chatting did not have the ability to actually type the answers his/her self, but was selecting from a list of generic replies to copy paste into the box. And while i was typing a follow up question, the person quickly said to have an nice day and left the conversation. Was not helpful at all. And as an aside, i had went to online chat in response to an article i saw saying there was a $400 credit. Now i only see $300 promotion... so not sure if the original article was an error. But i did mention $400 in my chat conversation and the person never corrected me.
That's odd. I'd put money down that if you chatted with a rep again that you WOULDN'T have that experience. I know everyone can have different experiences, but I've had nothing but positive ones with Chat CSR's (now in-store CSR's are another story ENTIRELY).

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
Yea, you are probably right. I'll probably pop back on and give it another go some time soon. I don't feel a big rush, since they don't have any stock of the phone i want right now anyhow...

ekinnyc

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
Yes, it can be used toward purchase. But I'm not sure how that would work with installments.
went to a vz store and asked, then actually swapped it for a 6S.

basically you can either apply it towards the "financed" amount, so your monthly drops by $12.50 (300/24), or use it towards the monthly payments, or another purchase. i actually wound up taking advantage of the $300 off any iPad offer, so wound up getting a 64GB iPad air 2 for $130 + tax ($730-300 for promo - 300 for phone exchange)

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
went to a vz store and asked, then actually swapped it for a 6S.

basically you can either apply it towards the "financed" amount, so your monthly drops by $12.50 (300/24), or use it towards the monthly payments, or another purchase. i actually wound up taking advantage of the $300 off any iPad offer, so wound up getting a 64GB iPad air 2 for $130 + tax ($730-300 for promo - 300 for phone exchange)
I was going to do that until I realized that you had to buy a monthly plan to get that discount on the iPad. I was instead looking forward to finally being able to use my iPhone as a personal hotspot on the few occasions when I can't connect to a trusted wifi hotspot.
I instead got the $300/5S trade in (2 of them) and $100 for each line that I ported over to Verizon.
I'm waiting for the full credits to appear on my account. They gave me a receipt at the store for about $370 and said the rest would appear on my account with a couple of weeks. they sure better be right or I'll be complaining loudly to my sales rep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.