Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I would e-mail the developer. Save me having to do it ... since I was wondering the same.

macfearless

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
alright, just got the email in. as of right now the app does not support any browsers across console platforms. damn. well, it'd be a great idea though for any of you industrious developers out there! hint hint:D

Petoz

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
UK
I just bought this app. It is great so far, and I can really see myself using it when my MBP is connected to my tv. And it was a darn sight cheaper than the wireless keyboard and mouse from apple would have been!

However, it is a little jerky and slow. Any one else have this problem? Is there anything I can change to make it run smoother and quicker?

Thanks in advance.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Just to bump up an old thread... it's 3.0 compatible, and it's on sale right now for $1.99.... I just installed the server on my Windows PC that's attached to my television, and put it on my iPhone. Very nice. A couple of things are pokey -- I wish you could turn off the presence of the left/right click buttons at the bottom and just use one and two-finger taps. One minor nuisance with these kinds of apps is that my iPhone locks on sleep w/ passcode, which I need generally for security but which is a hassle with apps like this. (Note, though... what does the sleep on/off setting do? Does it prevent the phone from sleeping? If that were so, it would be perfect. EDIT: That's exactly what it does. Perfect.) Also it'll take some configuration for me to be happy with the acceleration settings, but there are tons of options so I think that'll be fine ultimately.

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
I have a similar app called control pad that is very simple and mac specific. The air mouse app may have more features since I have not tried it but control pad works very well for me. Also, if anyone is looking for remote access applications, (like you can control your computer from your iphone/itouch) I would recommend either Jaadu VNC or Jaadu Remote Desktop. They are both the same price and there are a few differences between the two, read up to figure out what they are in the details section. I have Jaadu VNC and it works great controlling macs and pcs.

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
oops, found an issue... unfortunately...

i like the zoom in feature with the modifier keys, it allows me to chat on my iMac from sitting on my couch at the other side of the room... but two things: first, you *have* to use the command modifier key, but that's just me being picky. second, and most important: the mouse/touch point on the computer's screen when zoomed is way off, it'll select inches away from your intended target... this makes it next to impossible to select chat text fields, etc.

it's such a cool app, i hope there's a fix soon.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
it's such a cool app, i hope there's a fix soon.

I think I found a minor issue also... in Windows, it seems that it does not work at the Welcome screen if the computer is set to present this screen to pick a user and/or enter a password on wake from suspend. At least, it didn't for me yesterday. That computer doesn't really need prompting on suspend, so for now I just turned it off.

Jani-Appleseed

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2009
I just bought it :D only £1.19 !
I bought it for my netbook cause the trackpad is annoying me and I hate to have to sit down when I'm writing :p

So far so good will update if I have any problems ;)

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Just purchased AirMouse yesterday and I must say it is one of the finest apps I have ever used (and I have MANY)...
I have it working with both my Mac and my PC...when connected to my 23" Samsung LCD it makes the whole experience a joy...
This is one BANG FOR THE BUCK app...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Can I ask if anyone's encountered this?

There seems to be some way when AirMouse is in vertical / portrait mode (with the keyboard at the bottom) to get rid of the keyboard section entirely so that it's still in portrait mode, but it spans the whole screen with just trackpad.

Now this persists beyond screen rotations -- if I go landscape and back there's still no keyboard.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the gesture is that made it disappear, and I can't figure out how to get the keyboard back without quitting the app and re-starting it.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it a bug, or is there a way to get the keyboard back without restarting the app?

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Flick the phone/touch to pop the keyboard back out. Not side to side, but back to front like you're flinging the keyboard out.

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
I think I found a minor issue also... in Windows, it seems that it does not work at the Welcome screen if the computer is set to present this screen to pick a user and/or enter a password on wake from suspend. At least, it didn't for me yesterday. That computer doesn't really need prompting on suspend, so for now I just turned it off.

Wait . . . this actually works with Windows too?

neilds

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
air mouse question

Does the air mouse have the tools that the gyro has I believe they call them gyro tools? (for pc only i believe)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Does the air mouse have the tools that the gyro has I believe they call them gyro tools? (for pc only i believe)

What are the "gyro tools"? I googled the phrase and I found some product called GyroTools but I don't know what it does. Air Mouse Pro does have an accelerometer/gyro mode, although I don't really care for it. In terms of any special tools for apps, AFAIK it only has special tools for the web browser and iTunes right now. Once its server is running, it otherwise acts like a mouse/keyboard, it also has some programmable buttons that can be aliased to key combos, but otherwise it doesn't particularly have presenter tools...

yoak

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
I bought it and I can´t figure out why I can´t connect it to my MBP.
I emailed the devs and I followed their instructions. No firewall, antivirus etc.
Tried it manually.
Any idea what I need to do to make this work?

iStian

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2009
Connection ustable

I have used the Air Mouse for some time now and love it, however I am constantly experiencing connection issues. Sometimes it connects perfectly straight away and other times I have to try many times before it connects. Also if I am connected and don't use the iphone for a while, and then pick it up to use it agian it will not connect.
Any suggestions?

polobreaka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
i use it. works perfectly fine. i have the server on my macbook pro and a dell laptop. i use my dell laptop to hook up to my tv and i just sit back on my bed with the airmouse running and watch movies.

jeniferkey

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
iStian
I had this issue, but set the IP and port numbers statically, and now it seems to always be connected to my computer. Might not be a good idea if you connect to more than one computer or network, but works well for me.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The developers released a fairly significant update on the 6th. To enable it, update the app via the App Store on your iPhone / iTunes and download the new client software from their website.

It has some pretty cool new features. Most prominently, it now has an application switcher that helps you pick apps off your Dock or QuickLaunch panel as well as active apps. There's also a new remote control specification, and they apparently plan on rolling out (and soliciting the development of) app-specific control panels with custom buttons.

The Mobile Air Mouse team is happy to announce that Mobile Air Mouse 2.0 was approved into the app store today. Version 2.0 is a major leap forward for Mobile Air Mouse and we are pleased to offer this as a free update to all our existing customers. One of the most exciting new features we have introduced in this version is the application switcher. This works just like the dock in OS X and is the only one of its kind in the app store.

To keep up with the ongoing demand of having remote definitions for all the new media and web programs out there, we have implemented auto updating remotes on the server. The server will check for new remotes each day and if there are new remotes that we have created, they will automatically be downloaded to your computer. Additionally, if you have created a remote for a program we do not currently support, you can submit it to us to be sent out to the entire community.

Very nicely done!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.