Anyone use Siri on a day-to-day basis?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Coldsnow, Jul 3, 2012.

?

Do you use Siri on a day-to-day basis?

1. I use Siri everyday

45 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. I only use it if I need to

33 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. I hate Siri

17 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. I really don't care

33 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. Coldsnow macrumors regular

I find myself never finding the need to use it, although I prefer just to do everything on the phone itself. If I used it on the train or if I'm walking on the sidewalk it might seem like I'm talking to myself, or just knowing everyone knows what I'm saying ( texting, Internet search, etc ). Anyone find Siri or just voice implimentation in general useless? :confused:

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

I'd say maybe every other day. I definitely use it a few times during the week.

4. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I don't have Siri yet, but I think once I get the new iPhone, I would use her a lot.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I seldom use Siri, but only when I want to use it.

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

7. taedouni macrumors 65816

I use her anytime I drive, I need to remember something (reminder), and anytime I need to search/convert something.

8. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

Used it only once and it sucked. So it's turned off on both my iPhones since day 1.

9. RedCroissant Suspended

Use it everyday when I am driving as well. It's also great for random conversions, trivia questions, setting up reminders, hands-free calling..all sorts of things. And when SIRI's update in iOS6 takes effect, app launching is going to be a pretty cool feature.

10. oBMTo macrumors 6502

Never used it when I had the 4S. Siri was painfully slow and the voice recognition was terrible.

11. rich121 macrumors newbie

For setting reminders and alarms there is no better or quicker way IMO than Siri, I would truly miss that feature if it was gome. I also use it for playing music in the car which works out well. For a beta software I am happy with the performance and look forward to the enhancements in iOS6. While it may not quite be there yet, this is the future of communication with our technology just in an early stage of development.

12. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I use Siri daily.

It's extremely helpful with alarms, reminders, and pretty much for anything while driving; make calls, take down notes, or simply having it read an article.

I've found if I keep the notation somewhat short - one to two sentences at a time, it rarely gives me problems.

13. Lioncrazz macrumors member

I agree with the previous poster. I use Siri every day and it definitely makes my life easier. I live using it for responding to texts while driving and for reminders and adding things to my calendar. I work two jobs so using Siri definitely helps me keep everything in my life in order.

14. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I only use it a few times a month. Not because I don't find it useful, I just forget about it. I use it to search for numbers when I'm in traffic or something like that "Call Target in XXXXXX." I've been using it quite a bit lately, I'm not at all disappointed with it.

15. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

siri is broken. and too slow.

i wish i had google talk instead.

16. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

you should have saved a hundred bucks and got the 4..... but i LOVE siri sooo....

17. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

Use it everyday, Use it for my work schedule, setting my timer for my lunches. Sending text when in a hurry, reminders for customers or for when I get home to do something. Movie times (ios6) and directions (iOS6)

18. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

but the 4s has 64gb model.

19. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Use it at least once a day.

With 6.0 starting to use it more.

Once in a while it's not the recognition but rephrasing the query that gets better results.

YMMV

20. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I disabled the most annoying "feature" Apples ever created.

Yet that said I can't help but laugh when I read how people talk about "her".

Poor souls they must be awfully lonely. Or worse :)

21. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I would use siri a lot more if it wasn't crippled in the UK....I use it for texts and email from time to time, but am hoping with IOS6 we will see a marked improvement.

22. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

For the first few days it's a novelty and you use Siri for everything. After a week it becomes useless and you turn it off.

23. jayem1234 macrumors regular

I mainly use it just for reminders. IMO, the reminders app is way too clunky to navigate through so it's easier to set them with my wonderful personal assistant

24. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I think i would use it mostly for reminders and alarms, it seems faster and easier than unlocking the iPhone, finding the app, typing it in, and then accepting.

And also with Siri built into iOS 6 maps, I will use it there a lot too. At least, I think I will. :p

25. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

I user her every day for reminders. Helps a forgetful klutz like me a whole lot!