Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I've tried both IS and Bodyguardz. Hands down, I'd suggest skipping the Zagg any going with the BG. It has less of an 'orange peel' effect, it's cut better (therefore it's easier to apply) and it comes in pairs, so you've already got a backup in case you mess the first one up. Oh, and I think it's cheaper. ;)

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I had invisi shield on my first iphone then i got it for my 3g and put it on the front. It was pretty nice. Then i went to dallas and my wife and i saw a bodyguards booth so i ripped her invis shield and mine off and got them professionally done and i must say they look great. The BG looks better on the screen IMO. That back is very hard to put on FYI. I didnt believe all the youtube videos but those people were not lying. Those damn corners gave me fits with my invisible shield. Hopefully you will have better luck. And like the person above me said you get two of each so you can learn from the first one and do better with the second one. Here are ours with BG.

Attachments

• photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 256
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 230
  • photo_2_2.jpg
    photo_2_2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 250
  • photo_2_2_2_2.jpg
    photo_2_2_2_2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 167
  • photo_2_2_2.jpg
    photo_2_2_2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 208

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I had invisi shield on my first iphone then i got it for my 3g and put it on the front. It was pretty nice. Then i went to dallas and my wife and i saw a bodyguards booth so i ripped her invis shield and mine off and got them professionally done and i must say they look great. The BG looks better on the screen IMO. That back is very hard to put on FYI. I didnt believe all the youtube videos but those people were not lying. Those damn corners gave me fits with my invisible shield. Hopefully you will have better luck. And like the person above me said you get two of each so you can learn from the first one and do better with the second one. Here are ours with BG.

Wow, thanks for the great info.

I would be more than happy (and actually kinda relieved) to have it professionally done, lol. Is there any place I can go to find out if there's a Bodyguards location near me? Thanks again for the great info. =)

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I dont know where you could find that info. I just got lucky. When i saw the booth i ran to it like a fat kid chasing a cupcake. I was excited to have it done by people who do it all the time. You may can go to their website and look for dealers. I was in Dallas at the Stonebriar mall. The front is easy but the back is the killer. There are some good videos on youtube. Check some of them out but i would def get BG over invisi shield.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I dont know where you could find that info. I just got lucky. When i saw the booth i ran to it like a fat kid chasing a cupcake. I was excited to have it done by people who do it all the time. You may can go to their website and look for dealers. I was in Dallas at the Stonebriar mall. The front is easy but the back is the killer. There are some good videos on youtube. Check some of them out but i would def get BG over invisi shield.

Cool, cool. I'm such an anal retentive freak, I would pay like $50 just to have this done right. I am so ridiculously paranoid about scratches and stuff... I wish I didn't care, but I do.

Was the cart an actual Bodyguardz kiosk, or just a kiosk selling cases that happened to offer that service?

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
It was an actual BG kiosk. They had big BG banners and two plasma tvs playing the video where it shows a phone with it and a phone without BG in a series of test. Very professional looking. cost me 25 a phone. But it was worth every penny. You cant even tell its on there if you didnt know it. The screen protector is alot smoother than the Invis Shield. I had just put my wifes invis shield on the night before and when i saw the booth i ripped it off and threw it in the trash. :D

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
i have IS, love it but wish it covered all the chrome. I got it installed at the ZAGG kiosk here in houston. I might buy bodyguardz though just to see if I can do the install.

yourdream

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Do any of you use cases or do you just use your iPhone 3Gs without a case but instead have the protective skins on?

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
i use both an IS and a power support anti glare, and an agent 18 ecoshield. this thread is in the wrong location should be moved

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
seriously OP you are a macrumors regular use the search function -____-

What are you talking about? Leave me alone, let me ask my question without finding the need to troll me because I didn't search and weed through other topics. How does it feel to spend your free time trolling topics just to say "use the search" function.

God, forgive me for asking a legitimate question and getting 5 or 6 legit responses before you come in with your banter.

bubbagumpshrimp

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
What are you talking about? Leave me alone, let me ask my question without finding the need to troll me because I didn't search and weed through other topics. How does it feel to spend your free time trolling topics just to say "use the search" function.

God, forgive me for asking a legitimate question and getting 5 or 6 legit responses before you come in with your banter.
I agree 100% with you. People need to get a life and stop telling people where, what and how they need to post their forums. My question for those nerds: Why do you care so much if their is an extra thread you don't want to read? does it hurt your eyes? Dont like it, skip it! very annoying!

noxdave

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
Colorado
Hello. First time poster. I have the ZAGG shield on a my iphone 3g and my mac air. Yes, the back piece for the 3g can be a pain in the buttocks to put on. I have found that the key to installing it is to use the least amount of that spray as possible. I also use a hair dryer to help get those edges to "set." My biggest problem with the ZAGG is that my phone holder, that incase one, (leather folio, SKU: ES89024) seems to be turning the shield an ugly color. I have the white phone, so I can see it clearly. If it continues I will peel it and send it back. As far as the one on my mac, no complaints, and it makes it look nice and shiny!

Hope this helps,
David

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

He's referring to the iPhone Accessories FORUM, not a single post, you will find plenty of reviews there on all of the skin type products.

heyp

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
full body films is the way to go... although any of these films are a bit of a pain to put on

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
the IS just made my 3G feel flimsy. I love my Incase Slider case..definitely recommended.

I don't think i want a body film of any sort.

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Zagg

Hi!
I have the ZAGG on my Air, and formerly on my phone. I really appreciate it on the Air, because it keeps it from getting scratched underneath. The air bubbles eventually ALL worked themselves out. And it is VERY smooth now.

As far as the phone, well I couldn't get the corners down. Believe me, I tried. So finally I cut the corners off and it went on well, but really its the corners that need protecting. So I gave up, and now I have the INCASE Slider on my 3G. End of problem

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
He's referring to the iPhone Accessories FORUM, not a single post, you will find plenty of reviews there on all of the skin type products.

Exactly... well not everyone is as enlightened as you

if the OP would simply go into the iphone accesory forum he would easily find SEVERAL threads on this topic

oh hey let me try using google

http://www.google.com/search?source...hield+vs+bodyguardz+vs+BSE&btnG=Google+Search

wow that was sooo difficult

Look I'm a medical student so its not really about a "time commitment", I search and post on these forums when I need to take a break/walking around/ etc . I'm here to try to share my knowledge and try to help, but not those that can't even help themselves.

There are people on this forum that are really knowledgeable, ask correct questions, and try to research problems and help solve them for the rest of the community

and then there are the lazy people who can't search/read/research topics they are interested in, instead they expect to be spoon-fed answers..

Its expected/tolerated from new members, but the OP has over 100 posts, he should know better

Quantumd0tz

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2008
Exactly... well not everyone is as enlightened as you

if the OP would simply go into the iphone accesory forum he would easily find SEVERAL threads on this topic

oh hey let me try using google

http://www.google.com/search?source...hield+vs+bodyguardz+vs+BSE&btnG=Google+Search

wow that was sooo difficult

Look I'm a medical student so its not really about a "time commitment", I search and post on these forums when I need to take a break/walking around/ etc . I'm here to try to share my knowledge and try to help, but not those that can't even help themselves.

There are people on this forum that are really knowledgeable, ask correct questions, and try to research problems and help solve them for the rest of the community

and then there are the lazy people who can't search/read/research topics they are interested in, instead they expect to be spoon-fed answers..

Its expected/tolerated from new members, but the OP has over 100 posts, he should know better

You sure whine a lot for a med student, why don't you **** and mind your own business ya nancy.

The Zagg shield rules - why in the world you will spend hundreds on an iPhone to look cool when other phones function better - but not spend the 30 bucks to have the Zagg installed by a trained and paid professional is beyond what I consider sound logic.

If you want the hassle and fugly bubbles of applying it as an amateur - be my guest, but I would call you a fool. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.