Anyone use their iPad Mini less now with iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hankster, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I have the iPhone 6 and an iPad Mini. Everyday I used to come home from work and take out my iPad Mini to use around the house. But, ever since I got the iPhone 6 I will often times leave it in my bag.

My wife has the iPhone 6 Plus and she barely uses her iPad Air anymore.

It seems to me with the larger screens iPads are seemingly less used in my household. Anyone else experience this?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Although, the iphone 6 Plus that I have does Not replace my iPad Mini retina, but yes I have not touched my mini for a while but I do use it from time to time.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

No, I still use both. I use iPad Mini to watch video at the gym during cardio, and I also use it at home. Use phone at home and out and about. I do switch back and forth between phone and iPad a lot though.

4. Hankster thread starter macrumors 68020

Hankster

I bought my iPad Mini as a personal device. Something I use for gaming, streaming video, etc. It's very "empty" with just a few apps. I'm wondering if the new iPads being announced will give enough reason for me to upgrade. I like my iPad Mini a lot. In fact many friends who have the iPad Air see how portable my Mini is and always say they would opt for the Mini if they had to do over again.

5. cababah macrumors 68000

I have a 6+ and iPad Air..the Air still is my primary device at home. The 6+ can't match the browsing experience IMO.

6. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I would agree with this. And I also think the OP might find himself drifting back to the iPad as the novelty of the phone wears off. I love my Plus since it gives me a much better browsing/usage experience when out and about than my iPhone 5 did. But it's still kind of a compromised experience compared to the iPad. Unless I just want to check something quickly, when I'm at home I generally use the iPad mini (or a full-sized computer).

That said, (to address the question in the thread title) yes I do find myself using the iPad mini a bit less since using the phone has gotten somewhat more tolerable.