Anyone use their ipod touch more than their phone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ides of March, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Ides of March macrumors newbie

I tried this in another forum, but I wanted to try here to. I have a mytouch 4g which I love as a phone, but I find myself using the wifi tethering and staying on my Ipod Touch 4th gen more. The only thing I use the mytouch for is the phone and texting. The rest for social apps and calendar, notepad, internet, videos, I use the Ipod touch. Anyone else doing this?

2. Shambles macrumors regular

Lol yeah. My mobile at the moment is an LG Cookie. :eek:

3. Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

I did a few years ago when I had an old Motorola Q as my main phone, that thing was a nightmare. Now I don't really use an iPod Touch anymore because all smart phones have the same capabilities.

4. Renator macrumors member

I still have an old Motorla Razor. Use my touch 1000 times more.

5. Coasterfanryan macrumors regular

Definitely! I have the Alias 2 and when I'm at home I don't use my phone that often. I can't even make calls so Whistle phone fills that gap.

6. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I use my iPod touch over wifi more because I refuse to pay 30 bucks a month for Internet on my phone. I don't even pay that much for my home 18mb cable hsi. Also with wifi being everywhere there are few places I would use it anyway....

7. waynep macrumors 6502

Yup, I like my phone but the iPod is easier to use at home when wifi is available. I have a Palm Pre2 with WebOS. I really like WebOS but it just does not have the apps available that the apple products have and the screen is smaller that the iPod.

8. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

I have a phone, and only use it for emergencies, so yes, I use my iPod more than my phone. And my iPod doubles as a free phone for texting, picture messaging, and calling via Textfree, so I win. :D

9. donlab macrumors 6502

donlab

Same setup here. I WIX blocked my razr from data and use the ipod for txt email and pictures.

10. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

I have a lousy Nokia phone so obviously I use my phone only for stuff my iPod can't. I think the usage of my iPod beats the phone in a ratio of 20:1.

11. penfan82 macrumors regular

I find uses for all my devices my classic is used in the car and to store all my music well most of it touch is in thae dock in the house for podcasts radio and once in awhile used for a quick game smartphone used for everything Internet at work sometimes home also podcasts music reading etc I own a droid x and now I added my newest classic iPad to read surf the net games etc in place of myq laptop which now is basically used for storage and when I really need a laptop which is my favorite? I love them all

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nope, because I have an iPhone.
    I always have a feeling of switching to Android, but I bet it will be exactly as the OP said - that I'd be using my iPod more. Whats the point of that? :p

13. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

I use my iPod touch a lot more than my phone. I have a good contract on my current phone so I see no reason to combine the two devices yet. I'm waiting for the iPhone 6.

14. X2468 macrumors regular

Nope

iPhone use - 80%

iPod touch - 10 maybe 15%