Anyone Use Their Touch NAKED? With Pouch? Bag?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andrew K., Jul 31, 2008.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

First: I HATE CASES!!!!!! sorry case peeps nuthin against you guys but I just don't like my products looking so generic once its put in a case. I only use screen protectors and get this:

A Sunglass Bag!!! yup it keeps my Touch and in PRISTINE condition and I can use it in all it's GLORY :D ( I also use this with my iPhone 3G in a separate bag) !!!! I use an OAKLEY bag ( just cut the tag sticking up on the inside to avoid scratches from the tag ) with the iPod touch wipe inside the bag incase there is a bad smudge. Anyone else do this? I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT especially if you hate using a case :D

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I'd rather not use a case, but I know myself too well to trust myself to not drop my iPod.

3. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

I HATE bulky/generic cases. I use the invisible shield. It doesn't make it look any different, but it's got AWESOME protection. My iPod Touch has only had the invisible shield, and it looks as nice as the first day I got it, and everybody knows it's an iPod touch, not "an MP3 player." Also, for drop protection, I have a thing known as a pocket. It comes in handy. ;)

4. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I do similar, except I don't even use the invisible shield.

I made a soft bag out of the black cloth that comes with macs so I can use the bag to wipe it with if it gets excessively greasy.

5. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Good thinking!

6. fvalle24, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The title is great -- it's the actual subject being discussed which is disappointing.

8. muldul macrumors 6502

My sister does this and i use a case. I used to use the touch in its glory, but it got scratched and dented to hell, so out comes a case to hide its shame:(

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I was just about to say yes, with a pouch and with the fans going too - but then I read the thread.

I feel that given it's area, it's a bit on the thin side for easy handling - so I prefer something that bulks it out a little, which also has the advantage of protecting it against everyday knocks and making it completely worry-free in terms of everyday handling. I use the XTrememac Microshield.

10. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Title = :eek:

Actual meaning = boring

My opinion on the matter = Silicone case and a pouch of some kind is the best.

Now let us all get back to the topic we REALLY clicked on this thread for... :D

11. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I've used my iPod touch with no case or protection since I purchased it, keeping it in a pouch whenever I take it anywhere.

Hasn't got a single scratch.

12. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

think he meant the person using the touch was "naked" hahahaha

13. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

i use a case on mine when im out/at the gym otherwise i use it naked.

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You mean I have to discuss the actual subject of the thread? Now that's really disappointing.

I keep my touch in the bag that came with my 3G iPod. When it's not in the bag, I use it naked. When I'm in the bag, I don't use it at all.

15. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

As I sit her naked...
    I use a Gelaskin on mine. I like the way it looks and still feels -- umm naked.:D

16. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Mine slips in my pocket completely naked, and after 5 months, only has a few back scratches.

My Friend does this also, had his for 7 months, but his has far worse scratches.

Front glass on both is perfick :cool:

17. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

So as to not make this suggestively-titled thread even worse, how about we say "my iPod" to specify :D

18. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

Yea I thought I'd be safe putting this post in the IPOD TOUCH Section, but I guess not :confused:

19. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Haha, just glad we all have a sense of humor here.

BACK ONTO TOPIC..

I want to be able to "go naked" with my Touch, but I haven't found a back/front clear skin yet that I know I can trust.

Recommendations??

20. mmulin macrumors 6502

using nothing at all. my screen still has no scratch. can't say the same for the back of the kitten but i consider it a personalised units now ;)

21. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Haha. I know the front is resistant, but I'm proud of my near-scratch free back after months of use!

22. mmulin macrumors 6502

so, i am proud of having stuff which looks actually used ;) ..and lets face it, in a few years, rather less than more, we all will have another device.

23. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I never used to use one, and then for my birthday my niece and nephew put their allowance together and bought me a case because they know how much I use it. It was really sweet. And it actually gave me a better grip on it. So no regrets here.

24. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

So true Apple makes it so easy to want their new products :eek: over and over again

25. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

This is exactly why I got a "pouch" type case, so that whenever I actually use my iPhone (I know this thread is about iPt but it's pretty much irrelevant here whether we're talking about iPhone or iPod touch) I take it out of the pouch.

Who cares if you get a few scratches? I'd rather enjoy the beautiful design of the product than keep it hidden in the case the whole time. It's just a thing. There are more important things in life. Just be careful with your stuff and you probably won't drop it. And besides, a dropped iPhone probably wouldn't be the end of the world (depends on a lot of factors, of course).