Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBookJoePro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Anyone who has the new Peryn MBP with Multi-touch pad using the tap to click option? I'm currently trying it out and its so weird now you don't have to press the click bar. I dunno if I can get use to it. Just wanted to see how others are adjusting to the new tap-to-click feature.

-JoE

GirthP

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
I have been using this for over a year with my CD Blackbook and 2.2 SR MBP.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
It's not new. It's been a feature since the first G4 Powerbooks, and if I remember correctly, the G3 Powerbooks before that.

edit: but, if you decide you don't like it, you can disable it in System Preferences

MacBookJoePro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
:eek: oops. Nevermind then. I guess I just learned something new! I've had a MBP for 2 years and I didn't know about that?! I feel stupid.

-JoE

cohibadad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
tap to click and double tap hold to move windows is excellent. Two finger right click and scroll as well. Love eliminating the need for a mouse or click bar.

MacBookJoePro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
I agree. I cannot live without the two finger click. I'm still getting used to the tap to click. Had I knew this earlier, then I wouldn't have mind if apple made the clicker smaller like the MBA. Now I can stop using my click! woohoo!

-JoE

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
stealth mode! :D Love using tap-to-click since you don't have to listen to the clicking of the button anymore....maybe we should start a tap-to-click club! haha

secretpact

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
Am I the only one who doesn't like the tap-to-click? I turned it on the second day I got my Macbook and I had to turn it off cause I didn't like it. Been using the button to click ever since.

(windows users get really confused why they can't click on my macbook :rolleyes:)

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
stealth mode! :D Love using tap-to-click since you don't have to listen to the clicking of the button anymore....maybe we should start a tap-to-click club! haha

Yep. I like quiet. I find myself nicely hinting/reminding my wife she has that feature (new MBA). I kinda miss it (the silent click), since I've been using my MBP with ext. monitor & BT MM/keyboard. I only get to use it portable once or twice a week, lately.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Am I the only one who doesn't like the tap-to-click? I turned it on the second day I got my Macbook and I had to turn it off cause I didn't like it. Been using the button to click ever since.

(windows users get really confused why they can't click on my macbook :rolleyes:)

Used to drive me crazy when I used our 667MHz TiBook and tried like mad to get it to scroll using two fingers.

As for the Windows users - show 'em the two-finger right-click. :)

MacBookJoePro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006

Haha I had my professor try to tap click on my MBP and nothing happened. He did it many times and finally just stopped. He said my computer was broken even thought I kept telling him to use the clicker.

-JoE

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
I'm the jerk who turns all the tap to click features on in the apple stores. I'm so used to it on my G4 powerbook, that I find it annoying to not use it when scoping out the in-store macbooks! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.