Anyone Using the Tap-to-click on MBP!?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacBookJoePro, Feb 29, 2008.

1. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Anyone who has the new Peryn MBP with Multi-touch pad using the tap to click option? I'm currently trying it out and its so weird now you don't have to press the click bar. I dunno if I can get use to it. Just wanted to see how others are adjusting to the new tap-to-click feature.

-JoE

2. GirthP macrumors regular

I have been using this for over a year with my CD Blackbook and 2.2 SR MBP.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It's not new. It's been a feature since the first G4 Powerbooks, and if I remember correctly, the G3 Powerbooks before that.

edit: but, if you decide you don't like it, you can disable it in System Preferences

4. MacBookJoePro thread starter macrumors regular

:eek: oops. Nevermind then. I guess I just learned something new! I've had a MBP for 2 years and I didn't know about that?! I feel stupid.

-JoE

5. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

tap to click and double tap hold to move windows is excellent. Two finger right click and scroll as well. Love eliminating the need for a mouse or click bar.

6. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

I've been using tap-to-click for a while now, it's cool...also the twofinger-tap-to-rightclick is very handy.

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Have to agree - two-finger right'click and scrolling became second nature in minutes.

8. MacBookJoePro thread starter macrumors regular

I agree. I cannot live without the two finger click. I'm still getting used to the tap to click. Had I knew this earlier, then I wouldn't have mind if apple made the clicker smaller like the MBA. Now I can stop using my click! woohoo!

-JoE

9. I3eXa macrumors 6502

stealth mode! :D Love using tap-to-click since you don't have to listen to the clicking of the button anymore....maybe we should start a tap-to-click club! haha

10. secretpact macrumors 6502

Am I the only one who doesn't like the tap-to-click? I turned it on the second day I got my Macbook and I had to turn it off cause I didn't like it. Been using the button to click ever since.

(windows users get really confused why they can't click on my macbook :rolleyes:)

11. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Yep. I like quiet. I find myself nicely hinting/reminding my wife she has that feature (new MBA). I kinda miss it (the silent click), since I've been using my MBP with ext. monitor & BT MM/keyboard. I only get to use it portable once or twice a week, lately.

12. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Used to drive me crazy when I used our 667MHz TiBook and tried like mad to get it to scroll using two fingers.

As for the Windows users - show 'em the two-finger right-click. :)

13. MacBookJoePro thread starter macrumors regular

Haha I had my professor try to tap click on my MBP and nothing happened. He did it many times and finally just stopped. He said my computer was broken even thought I kept telling him to use the clicker.

-JoE

14. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I'm the jerk who turns all the tap to click features on in the apple stores. I'm so used to it on my G4 powerbook, that I find it annoying to not use it when scoping out the in-store macbooks! :D