Anyone will buy the new iPod touch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MacBpro, Sep 11, 2011.

1. MacBpro macrumors member

Just curious... the price betweem iPod touch and iPhone 4 are gettting very close... anyone still want to get the new ipod or ipod touch???

2. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Getting close? I don't think so. (Unless you're buying the iPhone 4 on contract, but that doesn't count.)

iPhone 4 32GB: $749
    iTouch 4 32GB: $299

3. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

4. AndyfromTucson macrumors member

I am too cheap to pay USD 70 a month for service for a iPhone, so I will continue to buy iPod Touches.

5. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

I know what you mean!:):)

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Me too. That's why I will continue to buy iPhone 4's with bad ESNs. :D (they can be found for just as much as iPod Touches, but have a better display, better speaker, and far better camera).

7. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

No, no, no. Like MythicFrost said, iPhone's are far much more expensive.

That said, yes, I probably will buy the new iPT.

8. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

What's an "iTouch"?

9. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

10. WLS, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

WLS macrumors 65816

"As for the next-generation iPod touch, Kuo sees very few enhancements over the current fourth-generation models. The most visible change will be the addition of white models, with Apple said to be targeting production at a 60-40 split between black and white for both the iPhone and iPod touch. The iPod touch is said to be set to see a major redesign for the 2012 release."

It depends on what they present. If it is just a minor bump from last year then I'm gonna pass. I hear rumors about a Touch redesign but it's not certain if that is for this year or 2012. If the latter I can sit out another year to get a new model. I really do want to buy one but if Apple doesn't WOW me then no sale. :cool:

11. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Same.i was planning to upgrade but with the article i read here in MR with a redesign in 2012 im not sure anymore.Damn i was ready to buy an iPod touch with a bigger screen :(

12. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Depends. If its just a minor update, I will probably just wait the next refresh.

13. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

I skipped the iPod touch 4. So, I might consider the next generation iPod touch.

Or, if the improvements aren't too significant, I might try to go down the refurb route, or maybe find an iPod touch 4 firesale as retailers attempt to get rid of their remaining old stock after the next generation comes along.

----------

An iPhone with a bad ESN is, in all probability, an iPhone that's been reported as lost or stolen, and its ESN or IMEI has been blacklisted.

With any country/carrier that recognizes such blacklisting, such an iPhone can no longer be used as a phone. So there would be no possibility of paying monthly fees for the ability to subscribe to cellular service with such a phone.

It's entirely probable that people would sell such phones at a much reduced price, because such a core functionality of the phone (ie, the ability to use it as a phone) is gone.

Of course, there is the pesky possibility that you may be receiving stolen goods, which would come with all the accompanying criminal implications...

14. ThatDeafGuy, Sep 12, 2011

ThatDeafGuy macrumors newbie

I will if it's bumped to 128GB, I use my current 32GB iPod Touch for subtitled music videos, which take up a LOT of space. I have around 4,000 subtitled music tracks and would prefer something bigger for my pocket.

15. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Another analyst (Kuo) predictions :(. Are they ever right ?

16. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Keep in mind that not every redesign/improvement will be welcomed. Just look at the change between the 5th gen and 6th gen Nanos. Or the 2nd and 3rd gen Shuffles.

Apple DOES stumble. Not very often, but they do.

I currently own an 4G 64GB iPod Touch and recently picked up a 32GB iPhone 4 (w/bad ESN) as a supplemental "iPod Touch Pro". I'm holding onto both of them until Apple announces the next Touch to compare.

17. WLS, Sep 12, 2011

WLS macrumors 65816

oh sure. There were plenty of people who said the iPad was a terrible decision and would ruin Apple if it did not have Flash and USB. I guess we know how that turned out. I would argue that the 5th gen Nano was terrible also and the 6th is perfect. The Touch though really needs a redesign as it's niche is getting smaller. I mean there have been 4 generations and the changes to it have been minimal, certainly not like the Nano or Shuffle. Even the iPhone has had major redesigns.

I expect Apple to know this and have some plans in the works.
    I also expect some spec heads to object and say there were major changes to the Touches. Burt they were internal spec changes not design changes. Can you look at a picture of each generation and identify it? Most likely not every one and it would be by details only. Look at a iPhone 3G and 4 and you know the differences and the generation right away. Design not specs.

18. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

I will buy the classic if the discontinue it. ;)

19. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

me as well, I need something to hold my library.

20. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

It's been mentioned (not in this specific thread) that for the Touch, they switch between major and minor improvements every year. Last year was the major improvement year, so then this year should have minor improvements. However, the request for iPT's is said to be going down (as smart phones increase), so it should be an interesting year.
    But, like you said, that iPhone would not be for use as a phone, making it fairly pointless (I know that there are some differences).
    Get a classic?

21. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Why are you bringing up the iPad? As "proof" that Apple is incapable of making a misstep? Well, you contradict yourself in the next sentence by stating that you think that the 5th gen Nano was terrible.

Therefore you either (A)have to admit that Apple is capable of making a "terrible" product... because they made that 5th gen Nano... or (B) admit that you are an Apple fanboy whose goal is to blindly defend Apple because you are contradicting yourself.

You can't have it both ways.

22. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

ESN? :confused:

23. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

ESNs are unique serial numbers to identify the mobile phones .When someone says "Bad ESN" means that the device is deactivated and can't be used as a phone anymore.

24. Illumination macrumors regular

25. WLS macrumors 65816

?? Seriously dude what is wrong with you ??