Anyone wished they had different iPad 2 colour they brought?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zelnaga, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Zelnaga macrumors regular

Hi brought the white 32GB iPad 2 ..... but using it more I wished I had the black. Matches my iPhone, Comp and other electrical equipment .... well thats just me. I have a 14 day return policy so hopefully they restock and ill swap.

Anyone else feeling the same?

2. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

3. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

This is my personal opinion but I've always felt that Apple Stores are a bit misleading because White products like the iMac or iPad look fantastic in the bright and futuristic looking Apple Environment, but when you see them in the real world they look a bit out of place.

4. Eallan macrumors 6502

Took my white back for a black. Love the black.

5. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

I went for a white and I'm glad I did. I was somewhat apprehensive about whether or not I'd get on with it, but I'm glad I made the choice I did - It makes a nice change.

Ultimately, it's nice to have the choice, regardless of what you've gone for. :)

6. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

I have a white one and love how webpages and ebooks look on this thing.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I like one I brought.

8. PhilaScott macrumors regular

PhilaScott

Love the one I bought (black) but really like my white iPods (yes, plural) and would have happily gotten a white iPad2, too.

9. bluebermuda macrumors regular

bluebermuda

I agree that the white iPad 2 is sharp and it is nice to have a change. On the other hand some people have opined that the screen is easier to read with a black border as opposed to a white border. Do you find this to be true?

10. Jinkst macrumors regular

I've got a white and don't notice it at all. If anything I prefer it. It just seems so much cleaner than my first gen. I wanted a white iPhone 4 but obviously that never came about so my iPad 2 is a nice start :)

11. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

Not really. I mean, ultimately it's in the eye of the beholder, but I have no problem. I've been reading plenty, I watched an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm on the train home tonight, I've played games and not once have I felt distracted or as though the experience was diminished by the white border.

12. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

I ordered the white and 2 days later ordered the black because I didn't know which one I was going to like better. I received the white one the other day and I cancelled the order for the Black! I LOVE MY WHITE iPAD!:D
    Everything looks bright and crispy! I watch a lot of videos at night in bed and I was concerned about the white border HA! I can't even see it! I made the right choice for me anyway.

13. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Bought the black, knew I wouldn't like the white. Still loving the black =D

14. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

The white border shows a lot fewer reflections and thumbprints than the black border. I think if anything, it's easier to read with the white, especially in higher light situations.

15. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I totally agree! LOVE the white one :) :D

16. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

It seems that the OP was typed on an iPad. Probably the white one that they brought.

17. blow45 macrumors 68000

18. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

Bought a white then traded it for a black. Now I'm thinking of going back to white.

19. blow45 macrumors 68000

btw, my imac (white c2d) is very happy he is soon going to be joined by similarly styled companion (I would say of the same race but it might sound crass to some more pc people here)!!!! It's back in style! Black, black, black, ok we love it, ok in some scenarios it's better than the white, but... and I dont remember where but I was reading it recently, black is beautiful, black is iconic, but black is also safe, boring, and overdone imho.

like I said.

White is the new black!

20. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

I used my dad's 1st gen iPad while in Florida and the fingerprints made me so glad to have my white iPad 2. Wouldn't change a thing!

21. Angler macrumors regular

Bought white, kept if for 3 days gave it to my wife and bought a black one for me. :)

22. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

Bought a black and will be returning it because I found a white one. Black is cool but I like the white and silver a lot. White looks great for reading/surfing, isn't distracting during movies IMO, and doesn't show all my fingerprints.

Can you really go wrong either way? No.

23. rworne macrumors 6502

Snagged a 64GB Black AT&T model for me. Really needed a white one. Reason is the wife is going to Japan in a week and she brings the iPad 2 for Facetime.

She really wants a White AT&T model for herself with the pink smartcover and no matter how hard I scrounge, I cannot get a white iPad 2 anywhere.

I have one on order from Apple, but it won't get here until after she gets back.

24. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

I do a lot of text work on my white iPad 2. (Mostly Numbers, Wikis, GoodReader)

The white frame suits that type of work well, and blends nicely with the primarily white screen.

I guess if I did mostly video viewing/editing or maybe games, I would want a black frame.

Honestly, it's not that big of a difference functionally. I think the smart covers being designed for right handed people is more of an issue.

25. Cheetablaze macrumors member

I wish they made it where the bezel can pop off and hot swap it with whatever you want. That would be bade ass!