Anyone with a preorder pissed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mburchna, Sep 14, 2007.

1. mburchna macrumors newbie

I ordered my Ipod Touch the day they announced it at about 1pm Eastern Time and it still has no sign of shipping soon, but the apple stores are getting them and people are getting them before me. I mean why would I "preorder" the Ipod Touch if I can get it before the preorder. Kind of ticks me off.

2. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

did you pay extra for priority shipping..?

3. csmith75 macrumors newbie

Well I ordered mine last night before I saw all the threads about the stores getting them. I went to cancel it this morning, but it's already prepared for shipment. So if it ships within the next couple of days, I'm fine with it. If it stays in "prepared for shipment" status until the 28th, then I'll be pissed since I won't be able to cancel.

4. Charb macrumors newbie

Charb

what time did you order yours at, i ordered mine last night as well and its not prepared for shipment yet :(

5. csmith75 macrumors newbie

Here's the time from my order: Sep 13, 2007 at 03:53 PM PDT
    I picked the two-day shipping as well.

6. Charb macrumors newbie

Charb

i did mine two and a half hours later, with standard free shipping and still no change :( You order it through the apple store?

7. cmcconkey macrumors 6502

Did you pre-order the 8GB version??? If you did I would say that you will be waiting, all that I have heard of in stores or shipping is the 16GB version.

Christopher

8. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

WTF! I ordered at 7am on Sept 6th and mine status is still "Not yet shipped". And I am in the US.

9. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

No offense, but what makes you think you were in some sort of special pre-order-advance-release queue?

You ordered an iPod from the online store, you didn't pre-order anything. Just because the Apple online store takes your CC# and sets up your order doesn't get you any sort of priority order.

You bought yours from a central, global store. When your chosen store gets stock they'll ship it to you. If you don't want to wait for that, tough balls.

10. csmith75 macrumors newbie

Yep, through the Apple Store.

11. csmith75 macrumors newbie

I could have sworn that on the day they were announced, it did say Pre-Order. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought it said.

12. voi666 macrumors member

funny, i thought that anything you order before the actual release date is a preorder.

13. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

Someone should tell the Apple store to eliminate the Pre before the word order.

14. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Why? If you can't wait, just go buy one in the store, then return the shipped one (unopened, untouched) to the store once it's received. That's perfectly legit.

15. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

And if this was the case, why are they selling it to people AT the store rather than shipping it to the people who already purchased it in that area.

16. cmcconkey macrumors 6502

Well that would be done but the nearest store is 2+ hrs away. The lack of a local store has always been a touchy point with me.

Christopher

17. aristobrat macrumors G4

For future reference, Apple retail stores almost always get the product in-stock before people who ordered online get it. :confused:

18. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

This is why I waited and didn't order online. I thought it was a pretty sure thing that they'd be in stores before they shipped pre-orders out.

19. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

Wait a minute, people who ordered yesterday have theirs shipping!? I ordered within 24 hours of it being announced and it isn't shipping until Oct 5th. I called apple yesterday and they told me tough (I was super polite on the phone). :mad: Yeah, I'm pissed. I'm about to cancel and just forget the whole thing. The least they could do is ship in order. October 10th is when they say I'll get it ... a whole month after everyone else. Not cool. And I seem to be the only one with such a late delivery date too ...

20. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

How do you know it's not shipping until the 5th? That seems strange. I called immediately after the press release and mine is prepared for shipping. Hopefully that means soon. I'm SURE you'll get it before the 5th then.

21. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

I called them yesterday and the guy said it would not ship before the 5th, period. I also looked online at my order status and it says "not yep shipped, will ship Oct 5th, deliver by Oct 10th"

22. electricrenaiss macrumors member

I ordered mine from Amazon and looks like they are shipping mine earlier than Apple is. My ship date is October 3rd.

23. PROJECT359 macrumors regular

PROJECT359

I'm not in that much of a rush to get my iPod Touch. I can wait for the shipping after I ordered mine via Apple.com

In my opinion, those that want items on the day of release should just go to a store. If you order online, you still have to wait 2-5 days for delivery so people would still get one before you.

24. BII macrumors member

kinda frustrating, but I just don't have time to go a store to by it.

25. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I ordered mine Sept 5th, at 12:52 PDT w/ a cutom engraving...

Ordered not yet shipped... I really want it to ship this week, because i want my touch, and either way i have to drive 2 hours to get it (home). :eek:

-BII mine says the same dates as you..for expected shipment. I am thinking about calling because they shipped my iMac late by 2 weeks, and i got money put back. If everyone else is getting 16gb w/ custom engravings i will be calling. So please let me know if anyone ordered a 16gb w/ an engraving and has it already.