Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rowdt1

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2015
The Netherlands
When I bought my iPhone 6 off contract I really intended to use it for longer than half a year but I got used to its larger size so quickly that I decided to upgrade to the 6S plus. I plan on keeping this phone for at least two years. The larger size and the extra RAM is amazing. Perfect phone for me.

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
7 feels like it will be a leap, form factor-wise. If I can get the 6S+ with greatly reduced bezels I'll be upgrading from my 5S. Both of the current offerings feel compromised. I'm betting the next form factor is the "goldilocks" model.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I use RevealMenu on the iPhone 6 Plus.

+1 for being content right now.
RevealMenu (3D touch icon menus) + UniversalForce (Peek and Pop) + Shortcuts (Settings, Weather, Stocks quick links) is not a bad alternative for force touch functionality until the iPhone 7 comes out. There have been a few people ask me how I like my 6s+ LOL. :p

Reactions: bandofbrothers

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
I've never purchased an S iPhone before, but I did so this time around. I had the 6, but when my sister got the Plus, I got screen size envy. I've only had it a couple days, and while I think this is a whole 'lotta phone, I'm enjoying it more and more. (It's also much faster. Dat RAM.)

I'll probably get the 7 too

Reactions: rowdt1

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I have a 5s which I'm relatively happy with. It's developed a couple of faults but I was thinking they weren't bad enough to drop the cash on the 6s. However, if I wait for the 7, I know as soon as the 7 comes out I'll be thinking "But how much better than the 6 was the 6s! I should wait for the 7s!". And then someone will start a thread saying that the 8 will be so much better.

So I'm probably going to get a 6s :)

Reactions: Black.Infinity

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
RevealMenu (3D touch icon menus) + UniversalForce (Peek and Pop) + Shortcuts (Settings, Weather, Stocks quick links) is not a bad alternative for force touch functionality until the iPhone 7 comes out. There have been a few people ask me how I like my 6s+ LOL. :p

I've been a little reluctant to try 'Shortcuts' as initial feedback was its a little glitchy ? How's yours ?

UniversalForce feedback was it can take a little while to master.

I've had work colleagues, friends and family remark that "We thought you were not upgrading to the iPhone 6s Plus ?"

Lol.

Reactions: erayser

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I've been a little reluctant to try 'Shortcuts' as initial feedback was its a little glitchy ? How's yours ?

UniversalForce feedback was it can take a little while to master.

I've had work colleagues, friends and family remark that "We thought you were not upgrading to the iPhone 6s Plus ?"

Lol.
Shortcuts is working fine for me. Maybe it was glitchy on a previous update. Current update is fine. Worth it for the setting 3D Touch links. Great for jailbreakers who need to do a quick respring after making changes.

As for UniversalForce, you can play with the sensitivity settings to see if it helps. Tweak is still new so it may still improve on future updates.

Reactions: bandofbrothers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.