Anyone with Bose QC 2 headphones?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Victor ch, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Hi,

Seeing that Apples headphones sound isnt good Im going to buy Bose's Quiet Comfort 2 (hope so); it is of great importance that they are sound isolating, and QC 2, 3 seem to be the best around. So has anyone used one of those or for that matter own them? if so how great is the sound isolation? thanks in advance, just want some feedback from people who have used them or have them before buying them.

-Victor

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I have a pair of QC2's. They sound great. I typically run with EQ off or flat.

Sound isolation is very good, especially for fan-like noise (like air conditioner). Almost makes outside noises disappear, too (those little 2-stroke gardening tools). There are times where I unplug the headphone cable from the headset and just use them to zone out.

Of the QC2's vs. the 3's, I think the 2's sound better and have better isolation. But, the QC3's do a pretty good job [at noise canceling], especially for on-the-ear. (A family member has the 3's and I've tried them a couple of times.)

3. Victor ch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Sweet! Now Im even more convinced. Thats exactly the reply I was looking for thanks a lot gr8tfly, those will be my next purchase. Thanks again.

-Victor

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I see you have an iPhone. You might want to take a look the Shure Music adapter. I should have one in the next day or so. I'm looking forward to having the option of being able to talk on the iPhone, while using the Bose (I already have one of the Apple headphone jack adapters that are around on eBay).

5. Victor ch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Indeed I see you also have one hehe. What I did was that I got an old Bose audio extention and took the challenge of modifying it and cut it so that it fitted my iPhones headphone jack and it does work. Im also interested in a Bose cable/adapter that acording to them works with the iphone and even has a mic; it costs about 35$ and seems pretty useful for receiving calls, you might wanna check that, it also includes some other phone adapters so they are pretty much the perfect headphones. Thanks again.

-Victor (from the iPhone)

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

That sounds good. My friend hasn't picked up the Shure for me yet. Bose/Bose just sounds (no pun intended) better than Bose/Shure. I'll check it out.

7. Victor ch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Now that Im on my Mac heres the LINK to the accessories. Oh and its 39.99$ my bad hehe.

-Victor

8. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Thanks again! I just placed the order. Much better solution, as it plugs directly into the headset. And, it means I won't need the other adapter. Take care.

9. Victor ch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Glad to help! and thanks again for the feedback. Good luck.

-Victor

10. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I received them today, and they seem to work fine. Mic is sensitive, and, of course, it's made to fit the headset cup. The plug does fit into the iPhone jack perfectly.

But, it doesn't have a call button on it. "Enhanced inline microphone lets you switch seamlessly between music and calls." seemed to mean it had a button, but I had the Shure in mind, I guess.

It's really not that big a deal, for me, as the iPhone will be in my lap or next to me when I'm using the headset.

11. Victor ch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Sorry to take time in posting jeje haven't checked in a while. Hmm yeah I also thought it will have the button, its not that big a deal for me either, usually I will first check at the screen to see who's calling so answering in the screen isn't a problem. The thing that bugs me its the music changing, but I usually have gapless playlists so I don't change songs. Thanks again for all the input.

Regards,
    -Victor