Anyone with luck at BB today?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by apple.pseudofan, Mar 12, 2011.

1. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

BB is pretty much my only option (unless Target or Walmart get a shipment) and was wondering if anyone had luck at a BB today that got a second shipment.

The Apple consultant at my local BB said they were supposed to get replenishment at some point this weekend and I was thinking that Sunday would be totally out of the question. Does anyone know if everyone gets theirs via Fedex/UPS or if other retailers get theirs with normal stock shipments?

2. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

No luck here either. I'm on a "waiting list" at my local BB since 6:30 pm last night. Does anyone know if they get shipments on Sunday? I'm seriously thinking about eBay. (16 gb for $600 and overnight shipping)

3. doandy09 macrumors member

i went to BB at around 1 today, they said they got a second shipment today but sold out...hoping they will get one tomorrow but they said they don't know whent he next shipment it

4. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Actually, best buy usually puts new stuff out on Sunday's and thursdays. I used to work there around the time iPad 1 came out and they would get them on thursdays or Saturday's an hold them until Sunday mornings.

5. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

East Brunswick, NJ got a shipment of 30 in this morning. Sold out in minutes.

They are cautiously optimistic they'll be getting shipments in every other day...monday or tuesday for the next one.

6. string3599 macrumors newbie

I had some luck. I put down $100 for the deposit reserve for a 16 gb black wifi about 1pm. 30 minutes later I got a phone call saying it was ready. When I got there they said that they had only received about 7 of them. I was about 20 down on the list but guess I lucked out due to the type I requested.

7. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

So they would get a shipment sat and hold it tell Sunday? That's stupid.

8. doandy09 macrumors member

BB opens tomorrow at 11...what time are people planning to go see if a shipment is in

9. string3599 macrumors newbie

Doubt there would be any shipments on Sunday.

10. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

Hopefully I'll get a phone call. Not wasting time in a line if they don't get a shipment. Does anyone know if the people that put that $100 reserve down get ahead of the people that are on a normal waiting list?

11. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

The $100 list *is* the normal waiting list, afaik. I don't know of any other Best Buy waiting list, unless it was an individual store's doing.

12. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Ill check online tomorrow morning but I'm not expecting anything. I do remember if it was in the Sunday bulletin they'd have them though.

13. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

The list I'm on they just took my name and number and said they would call when they got the one I wanted in. Isn't this different from the $100 deposit?

14. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Must be your individual store, but I'd be a bit worried in your position if the store also started taking $100 reservations. The latter seems much more official and less likely to get lost in the shuffle.

15. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

16. Capt T macrumors 6502a

The one by me had a list, then called people on the list today to come by and put $100 down to reserve.

17. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

That's interesting. Never got that call.

18. Capt T macrumors 6502a

You may want to check with them tomorrow, just to make sure.

19. black743 macrumors 6502

How many you want? Our local Best Buy today had a whole cage, tons of them and they didn't seem to be selling at all. A few were looking at the demo, then walking away, I don't get it.

20. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Yes they hold them because if you have ever seen the BB sales ad that comes out on Sundays that advertises certain things. They get shipments throughout the week and they will hold items so they can guarantee they have them on Sunday for the ads.

21. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

Ok where the h*** is your local best buy!

22. war eagle macrumors 6502a

I looked up the stock of BB's in the Huntington area you have listed in your location and either they just sold out of every model that wasn't selling or you saw wrong.

23. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

That actually makes some sence but it's kinda hard to believe they would do it with the ipad 2s... Given the demand.

24. edjrwinnt macrumors member

All of the Best Buys in my area around Cleveland Ohio were sold out except one that is 20 minutes away. I showed up in mid-afternoon today and they had 2 left that I wanted (Verizon 16 gb 3G)! I wasn't even sure I wanted one yet but all the hype pushed me over the edge.

25. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I remember with the iPad 1, they'd hold shipments till Sunday. It didn't usually happen on launch weekend though. This week's Sunday ad isn't up yet online. If it's featured, I bet they have them tomorrow.