Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
The WV Store had them in stock all day until recently. The store 2 hours away is now showing not available. Oh well. I hope tomorrow we see some!

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
I am on the $100 reserve waiting list. No call for me today. I also stopped by the best buy on 44th and 5th ave in the city and they were all sold out.

black743

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
Huntington, WV
If they sold out, they sure had a run on them. I should have snapped a photo but didn't think anything of it. They kept them in this large cage in the center of the floor and nobody seemed to be interested. In fact, all the folks in the store while I was there seemed to be first time computer buyers. The cage was two shelves high and had quite a bit in there stacked up, I saw each model and each color (though I don't think they had any of the 3g ones but I'm not sure as I didn't look for those).

If they did sell out, I don't think stores will be without stock for long, I think in a week or two these will be plentyful.

Also, I know they were all iPad 2s because he said all the old iPads were in back, but they did have them if we were interested (Mom was looking at maybe getting one since it was cheaper).

I should run back down to Best Buy tomorrow and check it out...wish I would have taken a photo. I almost wonder if they still have them but not showing in their system, maybe holding them over for tomorrow or something. Someone posted in another thread that the BB system isn't updating correctly. Like I said, since it said "iPad" on the side, I thought they were the first gen, til I saw the front of the boxes. If I get down there, I'll snap a photo with my iPhone.

Last edited:

black743

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
Huntington, WV
Talking with my friend about this (I called him from the store to tell him they had them), if the system isn't updating online and showing sold out, that may explain why they were just sitting there and nobody was there buying them. If everyone is checking online and not going to the store, they'll just sit there. They should have wrote "iPad 2" on the side of the box, as it is confusing. If I didn't know the front of the box was a side shot rather than a front shot, I wouldn't have known any better either.

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
That actually makes some sence but it's kinda hard to believe they would do it with the ipad 2s... Given the demand.

They did it with the iPad 1, the kinect and anything else that goes in those sales ads. Trust me. I didn't work there very long but my friends have worked there for years and know the ins and outs of best buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.