ANyone with recently ordered 17"MBP having shipping delays?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dillacom, May 2, 2009.

1. dillacom macrumors regular

I ordered a 17"MBP on April 24th and got an email saying my new delivery daet would be May 12-18 instead of this week... Last time I ordered a 15" MBP this happened and I ended up waiting for a speed bump. anyone else having delays?

2. ZenoVT macrumors regular

Ordered on April 10th here.... nothing still.

3. dillacom thread starter macrumors regular

are you kidding? are they waiting for 10.5.7 or something? hey maybe they will throw in bluray or something fun before they ship...

4. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

I have a 17 that was a replacement for a computer with mulitple problems orderd one the 12 delivered on the 17 cto with antiglare. The store sid it could take 2 weeks to get

5. DooDaaDame macrumors member

DooDaaDame

Still waiting..

I ordered a
    matte
    17"
    2.93Ghz
    4gig RAM
    320 Gig 5400 HD
    April 8
    Still waiting....still listed as processing.
    Bought my Mac through a reseller. I have read up on the delay on a lot of forums, some blame going through a reseller, some blame the matte screen option or the processor. One way we can bide our time is maybe to post our order specifics and see if we can pass time guessing what's up.
    If you haven't received your MBP, please post your order details and maybe we can narrow it down!
    My reseller has called and emailed and followed through on everything and can't get an answer...he takes care of all my Macs so I know he's a great guy and is doing everything he can for me. They just keep telling him it's being processed and will ship soon.:confused:

6. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

DDD - your configuration shows on the Apple Store as shipping in 7 - 10 days.

I think your reseller may have dropped the ball and is giving Apple the blame.

Just a thought.

7. ZenoVT macrumors regular

8. dillacom thread starter macrumors regular

mine is through the apple store and got delayed, not the resellers fault. Glossy screen 320gb 7200rpm HD.

9. RX64MACBOOKPRO macrumors member

RX64MACBOOKPRO

its may 4th, any updates? I heard the apple stores are low on stock of the 17" MBP...

10. lawgraphix macrumors newbie

Repost from a previous thread.

April 24th. CTO 17" MBP 2.93Ghz, Glossy. 320GB 7200rpm. iWork.
    At first it said delivered by May 4th. The status I saw was "Prepared for Shipment" But now it seems like it's taking another week before it ships out. May 12th.

Ships: 3 - 5 business days
    Delivers: May 6 - May 12

Still waiting. My Status Widget says: 8 days. Sigh.

Update: 2:31AM Pacific time. Finally. It says Shipped!! FED-Ex tracking # given. YAY!!! Delivered by May 7th.

11. dillacom thread starter macrumors regular

12. ZenoVT macrumors regular

13. DooDaaDame macrumors member

DooDaaDame

Posting Changed my Luck!

My MBP shipped Today! May 7 delivery date! I had just about given up! Zeno, I ordered April 8, I think you will here good news very soon!:D

14. dillacom thread starter macrumors regular

and to think I was bitching from an April 24th order not April 8th

15. n0d3 macrumors regular

Should be ordering mine soon. What cases are you guys using? I used to have a STM Rebound for my 15", looking for something similar.

16. ZenoVT macrumors regular

Still hasn't shipped yet... I'm getting fed up with this super loonnngggg apple delay. I think I will be canceling my order tomorrow.

17. jiminy macrumors newbie

when did you order your mbp Zeno?

it says it takes 7-10 business days to build a CTO, and since yours is matte + upgraded harddrive, it may take a little longer. since i hear they custom build each matte order and manufactured in china

I ordered mines on the 4th and no word too, I got matte + 7200 rpm + iwork and was slighty expecting a short delay. Even though I live 20 minutes away from the cupertino :apple: building and 120 minutes from the elk grove one, wish it would come sooner

18. ZenoVT macrumors regular

4th of may or april? I ordered mine on April 10th. This is ridiculous grrrrrr.

19. yesman macrumors newbie

I ordered the night of April 30. On May 6 the status was changed to prepared for shipment. Now how long will my computer be prepared for shipment? How long did it take for your status to change from prepared to shipped?

20. ZenoVT macrumors regular

My status has been "Not yet shipped" for as long as I could remember. So I can't help you there.

21. Simon Young macrumors member

Ordered my MacBook Pro 17 with 2.93GHz processor, 320GB 7200 rpm HDD and matte display last Tuesday (28th April) and it arrived today (7th May).

22. ZenoVT macrumors regular

23. dillacom thread starter macrumors regular

24. Korovka macrumors member

Korovka

I ordered MBP 17" at late January and didn't get it yet. Reseller told me that it should be shipped at the middle of May. And they said that it is Apple's pending problem.

25. edblor macrumors regular

You might want to cancel that order and purchase though a different seller. 5 months is quite a long time bud!