Anyone with the Rocketfish Soft Shell Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Eluzion, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Eluzion macrumors 6502

2. ginwrak, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

ginwrak macrumors member

bought this case last night. it's a all clear case.

sorry dont' have pics at the moment but i'll update this post later.

:edit:
    [​IMG]

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

It is a clear gel case. It doesn't have a diamond pattern. I have a soft shell case in red, but it is a matte texture and feels similar to the Speck Pixelskin HD. The clear one is gel-like and not matte at all.

4. Eluzion thread starter macrumors 6502

Appreciate the photo. Do you have any more from different angles? Also, what are your thoughts on the case? Good fit? Too bulky?

I really wish someone could make something like the Desmay Slight but with a small lip/edge around the screen...

5. bobright macrumors 601

Nice, if it is gel like though does it have to much grip where like it like is hard to pull out of your pocket? And you think it's flexible enough to fit with a body shield?

6. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I bought this one as well. I think it will serve as a good temporary case. For some reason it's a pain to take on and off so I have to be careful not to cause any scruffs when I do so. I also want one that's more clear than this.

7. ashley1496 macrumors regular

I just bought this clear case for my white 32gb. It's definitely thicker than I'd like but it was the only clear gel case I found at best buy. I really don't want to hide the beauty of the phone in a big case. I'll edit soon with pictures.

Oh also best buy is running a special so I got a Zagg Invisible Sheild HD with his clear case in a bundle for $45.

8. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

I too bought this case at Best Buy on Friday for my white 32 gig. I like it because it shows off the beauty of the phone. I mean wine by the phone and then put a solid covered case on it I just don't understand that. It's pretty good I'm happy with it for now until I find an alternative I like I'd really prefer the bumper because the bumper still shows the beauty of the football game in the corners protection. Soft around the side so it won't scratch up the sides and I haven't found any problems with dust getting in it ait all

I would recommend it

9. hkfan24 macrumors regular

How's the quality on it? I wAs considering this for me and my wife's i5 phones.

10. ashley1496, Sep 22, 2012

ashley1496 macrumors regular

Here are some pictures of the case.

Attached Files:

11. ashley1496 macrumors regular

More pictures of the case.

Attached Files:

12. toxthexnines, Sep 22, 2012

toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

Just picked up a clear one from my local BB store. Fits well, grip on my phone is good. One perk is even with the gel-like texture of the case, it doesn't have any trouble coming out of my pocket. It'll hold me over until lifeproof releases their iP5 case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

Is it a smooth finish or rubbery? Basically want to know if it'll slip in and out of my pocket easily.

14. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

Its half & half, if that makes sense. Kinda like the magpul cases, enough to grip but not like can't pull it out of my pocket grippy.

15. dinosaur1 macrumors regular

I have the same issue as you. I have a little bubble or something on the back above the Apple logo. Overall love the case though.

16. ashley1496 macrumors regular

Yeah that bubble thing is weird.

17. JBryan84 macrumors regular

Just bought this case today at best buy and I have a ton of watermarking. I can make it go away by squeezing the sides but as soon as I grip it again the watermarks come back. I have a black iPhone 5 if that makes any difference as far as how noticeable it is. I'm going to be returning it tomorrow and try something else. I also tried the griffin reveal and right out of the box it had huge scratches in all the corners of the clear back plate. I don't recommend that case either.

18. hockeyplayer19 macrumors newbie

I ordered this case from best buy the other day and what I'm going to do to get rid of the watermarking is put baby powder on the back which usually works

19. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Why do all these cases have such a huge camera cutout?

20. xraytech macrumors 68020

To minimizes Falsh Wash.

Cases with tiny Keyhole camera cut outs are notorious for Flash wash. Flash Wash is when the LED flash reflects off of the edge of the case's camera cut out which causes picture to be Washed Out. This type of this has been well known ever since the iPhone 4.

Flash Wash looks something like this...

[​IMG]

21. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I know that but its a lot larger than IP4/4s. Also allows dust to contact the metal backing now. Liking the Incipio cases.

22. Balthezor macrumors member

Balthezor

For anyone who owns this case. Do dust/lint collect in the front of the iphone where the the case contacts the phone?

23. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

That case is going to get yellow faster than you can say "Supercalifragilisticespialadoshes"

24. CatsTide macrumors 6502

Just got it today.Great case...and no,it won't yellow :rolleyes:

25. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

I returned it

Sorry to all who like it, I kept this case less than 24 hours. I had high hopes for it - it's one of the only clear cases with lay on the table design, and I had read bad stuff about the Belkin and Griffin versions.

The "bubble" is basically where the rubber is making contact with the phone, you wiggle the case around and it disappears.

The problem is just that though - it's a terrible fit, loose all over. You can see in the pics in this thread that the top and bottom edges are rounded, there is actually a gap between the case and the bezel there. I carried the phone in my pocket for a few hours, and there was already a ton of dust and lint that had worked its way not just into the bezel, but even to the back of phone where it was just begging to scratch up the aluminum.

Back to Best Buy - speck candyshell now.