Anyone's iPhone 4 laggy after 4.3 update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Mar 27, 2011.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

It seems like I am back on my old 3G phone now. It has lost all it's snappiness and every operation seems slower than before the update. The battery too seems to he draining more quickly.

2. Robin Chung macrumors member

Robin Chung

Nothing to report here. Have you tried a reboot? Removing unused apps? Both take a pretty heavy toll on the performance because the memory runs itself to the ground, 512mb isn't a lot.

3. saintforlife thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've tried hard resetting it, restarting it, and I've also uninstalled a lot of apps that I never used. But nothing helped.

If it were upto me I'd never update my iOS devices. My old 3G slowed down considerably after each update to the point where it became almost unusable. I needed the AirPlay enhancements for my Apple TV and that is the only reason I updated to 4.3.

Is battery drain a legitimate reason to get my iPhone replaced at the Apple store? Will they exchange my phone for a new one or will I need a better reason?

4. dwest73 macrumors newbie

Definite lag with 4.3

I've got the same problem. My iphone 4 is definitely slower after the update, kind of like my 3G after updating to 4.0. Incredibly annoying.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

6. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Behave ...

I have vivid memories of the iPhone 3G on 4.0 since it was my previous iPhone.

No matter what the lag you claim your phone to suffer from, it's nothing like an iPhone 3G on 4.0 ... and I still witness my Father in Law use his 3G on a daily basis, and it's not great viewing.