Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

refect

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2012
I received mine around 1PM est. Surprised that FedEx just left it outside my door; I thought they were supposed to get a signature?

mandy123

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
1:11 pm CST still waiting in St Louis. Fedex says by 3pm and I am hoping they stick to it.

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC
Mine. The FedEx driver decided to try and deliver it to the wrong house. I checked my tracking and it said attempted delivery. I got hot, I don't usually get mad about things but my door was open (glass door closed) and he still tried to deliver it to the wrong place. I went two doors down and my slip was on their door. I just don't get home someone could do that. I have to drive thirty minutes away to pick up my package and when I called FedEx that said it was not their fault since he tried to deliver it. :mad:

Question: Do you have large, highly visible numbers on your mailbox (or door if you don't have a mailbox)? I used to be an EMT a few years back and our response times were constantly delayed because so many people don't have large, visible numbers on their mailboxes or residences. They also help in getting packages correctly delivered. The large, highly visible numbers should be a clue before the open door is.

That being said, giving you the benefit of the doubt in terms of labeling your home, I would understandably be very upset if I were you. However, your best course of action is probably to keep your cool and see if you can arrange to pick up the phone at the FedEx facility tonight when the driver returns. Or ask nicely for it to be delivered tomorrow if that is better. Yelling at a customer service rep will get you nowhere, even if the company is at fault and you have every right to be upset.

The Bronx Bull

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
I'm not sure whether mine is delivered or not... it says "Out of Delivery" on the tracking screen, but over time with UPS, I've learned that they don't get marked as "delivered" for several hours after the package has arrived.

So I'm at work, PST; I'll have to wait until I get back! I left explicit instructions to leave the package with my apartment complex office.

daydayvol

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Question: Do you have large, highly visible numbers on your mailbox (or door if you don't have a mailbox)? I used to be an EMT a few years back and our response times were constantly delayed because so many people don't have large, visible numbers on their mailboxes or residences. They also help in getting packages correctly delivered. The large, highly visible numbers should be a clue before the open door is.

That being said, giving you the benefit of the doubt in terms of labeling your home, I would understandably be very upset if I were you. However, your best course of action is probably to keep your cool and see if you can arrange to pick up the phone at the FedEx facility tonight when the driver returns. Or ask nicely for it to be delivered tomorrow if that is better. Yelling at a customer service rep will get you nowhere, even if the company is at fault and you have every right to be upset.

I took pictures of the numbers just incase they wanted to claim that. The numbers are very large. You would have to be blind not to see them. I am going to keep my cool. It takes a lot for me to get upset. I have worked in retail and I understand mistakes. I am going to pick it up, I will open the package in their store and everything better be there.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
I took pictures of the numbers just incase they wanted to claim that. The numbers are very large. You would have to be blind not to see them. I am going to keep my cool. It takes a lot for me to get upset. I have worked in retail and I understand mistakes. I am going to pick it up, I will open the package in their store and everything better be there.

Let me see.

daydayvol

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Let me see.

DF2C6E41-0EC6-42DE-8125-3AECF86A024D-4745-000002B01980DC26_zpsa70fac7b.jpg

----------

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Strangely I had two ip5's arriving today, a black 64GB for me and a white 64GB for my wife. The black one was delivered first thing this morning and its expected delivery date said "delivered by 9/21/12." My wife's is still out for delivery, even though its expected delivery said "delivered by 10:30am 9/21/12." Baffled that two phones going to the same address would arrive at different times on different trucks. Seems inefficient but with this much volume I guess it's to be expected...

Exact same thing for me. Seems inefficient, but maybe with so much volume they don't have the time to consolidate all orders.

davefromca

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Santa Barbara
11:51 am in santa barbara and im not expecting fedex for several hours. It does say deliver by 3 pm. I did get to see the space shuttle flying home! Wouldnt of seen that if i wasnt at home waiting for the 5.

cityfan

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Phone in Wrong State

If it says "Out for Delivery" ... then you'll get it ... patience is a friggin virtue people! :rolleyes:

Not necessarily.. The status for mine said out for delivery, and then changed to an exception because UPS had routed it to CA instead of NJ.... I now have no scheduled delivery date...

SuprUsrStan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Its 3:12pm and UPS said they'd have it delivered by 3pm :/

I'm literally sitting on the couch right next to the door waiting XD

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC

Good to hear and best of luck. Hopefully you get it today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.