Anything negative about sending away your UPC Label for Rebate?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 360player, Jun 13, 2011.

1. 360player Guest

Hi All!

I thought I would ask this question here seeing as most people would have had expirience in doing this sometime or another - I'm a newbie.

What I wanted to know is; Is there any downside to sending the original UPC Label from my 2011 iMac and HP Printer for the $130 printer Rebate Promo? (If wondering - I'm from Australia)

Will I loose my proof of purchase down the track with things like AppleCare and Printer Warranty?

Will I need any information from the label?

Does it HAVE to be an original?

Any information would be muchly appreciated, regardless of which country you have had dealt with this in.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It has to be an original and if you want the rebate it doesn't matter if you think there's anything negative about it. You are required to send in the original.

FWIW, I've never had any issues with it. The receipt they e-mailed you serves as proof of purchase.

3. dfine1966 macrumors 6502

If you are worried. After cutting out the UPC label, scan a copy of it and print it. What I would do in the past with rebates is scan the the label, print it, then tape the scanned UPC back on to the box.

4. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

Exactly what I do!